Done once, never again

37 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Got in a helicopter as I got one of those tours as a gift. Unless I need airlifted to a hospital, I've no need to ever get back in one. I'm a pretty confident flyer, even in small single prop planes but that was fucking terrifying.

Have to agree with this (apart from the confident flyer bit). I definitely wouldn't have lasted on the North Sea rigs, never want to be in a helicopter again, too much glass. At least in a plane you don't have to look out the porthole.

I went to Ardoyne once in connection with a job I was pricing. Once was enough.

Camel riding in the Canary Islands. That once will do me.

Edited by Jacksgranda

Just now, badgerthewitness said:

Went to Auschwitz.

Couldn't cope with the workload.

In all seriousness, I went to Saschenhausen camp which was near Berlin and although it was a labour camp, it housed about 200,000 prisoners and 100,000 of them met their end there. It was also extensive in human experiments.

I legit am glad I went to see it and learn about it but it's not somewhere I'd ever be going again. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

In all seriousness, I went to Saschenhausen camp which was near Berlin and although it was a labour camp, it housed about 200,000 prisoners and 100,000 of them met their end there. It was also extensive in human experiments.

I legit am glad I went to see it and learn about it but it's not somewhere I'd ever be going again. 

I visited Terezin in Czechia, a former military barracks-turned ghetto. The museum featured children's artwork (the captives ran schools to maintain normality) along with captions telling us of their names, ages and individual fates at various death camps. 

Everyone should make an effort to visit these sites, but one visit is enough. We need to realise/remember exactly what humanity is capable of.

Anyways, back to the P&Bness...

28 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I visited Terezin in Czechia, a former military barracks-turned ghetto. The museum featured children's artwork (the captives ran schools to maintain normality) along with captions telling us of their names, ages and individual fates at various death camps. 

Everyone should make an effort to visit these sites, but one visit is enough. We need to realise/remember exactly what humanity is capable of.

Anyways, back to the P&Bness...

Agreed.

Frequented a pub in Alloa.