Arbroath vs Morton

Coming off a morale boosting win over Elgin it will be interesting to see what lineup DC go’s with on Saturday. Miko will be back from international duty but I feel it would be harsh on either Craigen or Gold to be dropped. I’d like to see Ruth replace Hilson on the wing. The games between these sides last season were some of the worst Iv witnessed, ugly stuff. Hopefully Saturday will be an improvement.

10 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

The games between these sides last season were some of the worst Iv witnessed, ugly stuff. Hopefully Saturday will be an improvement.

Prepare for disappointment.

Expecting a tight and low scoring game but would make Arbroath favourites to win. I wouldn't be surprised if we go on a run without an away win like at the start of last season.

Raith aberration aside we've looked reasonably comfortable defensively so agree it will be a low scoring shitfest. I got the impression Hopkin was using the League Cup as a pre-season tournament with wildy changing line ups to get everyone fit and get a run out but now he needs to start playing something close to our best 11 or, at least, any 11 that doesn't include Robbie Muirhead

He must be pretty close to knowing what the back five should be and it's time to give Maciver a league start up front. Between that, he needs to sort out a diamond or box four middle-to-front to give us a shape to play through when we're not (perfectly legitimately) knocking it long. Perm any four from Jacobs, McAlister, Lyon, Colville, Nesbitt, and McPake and let's get this season on the road.

Win here (while QoS play Alloa) and we can maybe settle into something that keeps the word 'relegation' out of the picture altogether and lets the players play; lose and it's likely to be a full-on grind for the foreseeable...

How has your streams been for the games so far Arbroath fans?

Last week was improved due to someone being able to control the camera with a joystick. The commentary is piss poor though so I recommend you watch the game on mute. The worst Iv seen this season was Inverness when it missed our only goal of the game by focusing on half way and in general didn’t track the ball. Raith’s was absolutely superb. If only all clubs had their set up

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Last week was improved due to someone being able to control the camera with a joystick. The commentary is piss poor though so I recommend you watch the game on mute. The worst Iv seen this season was Inverness when it missed our only goal of the game by focusing on half way and in general didn’t track the ball. Raith’s was absolutely superb. If only all clubs had their set up

Brilliant. My mate that goes on the Scotland trips with us does your commentary, so that’ll give me a bit of ammunition for the group chat.

50 minutes ago, Toby said:

Brilliant. My mate that goes on the Scotland trips with us does your commentary, so that’ll give me a bit of ammunition for the group chat.

The commentary is fine, they make mistake's now and then but then again they're not professionals.

22 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

NOTED! 

21 hours ago, keptie said:

The commentary is fine, they make mistake's now and then but then again they're not professionals.

Aye, I think most folk realise that given the situation there’s a lot of guys being thrown into something they’ve never done with clubs’ commentary for the streams.

He’s asked me for a bit of a lowdown on our squad and how we’ll set up, so has already done more homework on Morton just by asking a question than the guy who did Dundee’s commentary the other week. Think the only Morton player he’d even heard of was Robbie Muirhead, because he had a brief stint at Dundee United.

On 19/11/2020 at 13:49, Toby said:

Aye, I think most folk realise that given the situation there’s a lot of guys being thrown into something they’ve never done with clubs’ commentary for the streams.

He’s asked me for a bit of a lowdown on our squad and how we’ll set up, so has already done more homework on Morton just by asking a question than the guy who did Dundee’s commentary the other week. Think the only Morton player he’d even heard of was Robbie Muirhead, because he had a brief stint at Dundee United.

Fair play to both the lads who do the commentary at Gayfield, they are not pros and are doing a good job for the Red Lichtie supporters watching the game at home, the folk who moan about it should then give up their time and attempt to do it.................i know the answer to that one.

C'Mon the Red Lichties 36-0.

17 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Fair play to both the lads who do the commentary at Gayfield, they are not pros and are doing a good job for the Red Lichtie supporters watching the game at home, the folk who moan about it should then give up their time and attempt to do it.................i know the answer to that one.

C'Mon the Red Lichties 36-0.

I would be delighted to give up my free time and do the commentary; if given the opportunity it's one I'd love to take. I'd also do it for free, and wouldn't expect any expenses etc. I'd also be more than happy to help with anything required on a match day; stewarding etc. I'd just be happy to be at Gayfield. There has never been any advertisement or request from the club to do any of these things, or else I can assure you it's something I'd have been in touch with the club about...... assume that's the answer you knew already though?

Everyone seems to be making the assumption that our commentary team are volunteers and are not paid by the club. I'd be interested to know how people would feel if this wasn't the case, they were paid by the club to do something that many fans would happily do for free. I don't believe the commentary positions were ever advertised as either paid posts or voluntary positions by the club, meaning that no-one 'moaning' about it has ever actually been in the position to do it themselves/ offer their services?

I've been giving up my 'free' time every Saturday for the last 20 years to follow the club all over Scotland, as have many others. I can only speak for myself of course, but I wish I was able to continue to give up that free time to support the club (obviously in a different way than usual) but there isn't an option for me to do so is there?

I guess you could argue that people like myself should've got in touch with the club to offer our services? I could see that argument, but considering emails from myself and others have been ignored in the past 4-6 weeks regarding Arbroath TV issues (season ticket holders, who have paid over £10 a game to watch the stream) it'd be kind of offensive if (as customers) if our issues were ignored but our free time was happily taken on by the club.

Edited by SimonLichtie

A big day in the championship with the four teams most would pick to go down playing each other. After a share of the points we need to top this head to head, so minimum requirement is a draw today. I sure we good for it and have improved our away performances in the last two games but like most teams in this division need to him the net more frequently.

We know Arbroath's qualities and this game more than most will be about who wants to win and has the physical and mental strength to get a result. For that reason I want to see Jacobs, Lyon and Salkeld in the lineup today. While I think McPake and MacIver are good players with lots of potential I would leave them out the starting eleven. 

Would be more than happy with 1-1 but feel we can nick it 1-0.

As for the streaming by all accounts not the best. So we already know this prior to paying our cash so no reason to complain unless they miss any goals. Here's hoping the people doing the videoing have listened to what's been said and improve each week. Morton TV being a good example of improvements that can be made with having reviewed their past productions.