Clyde v Montrrose

Great goal from our point of view. Started by a brilliant block by Rumsby in our box, before Syvertsen laid it to Cunningham for a great driving run and a nice finish by Goodwillie.

Montrose will feel they've left themselves far too open down the middle though. I'd also like to see the keepers position from another view, though it may be harsh to fault him.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

A defence that doesn't stop crosses.

A defence that allows unopposed shots and through passes from the edge of the box.

A midfield that allows the opposition to run through them easily

A midfield that cannot retain possession for more than one pass (or touch)

A midfield that creates very little.

Lucky as we are that the scores are even at HT, this may end up a tanking.

Our fans are so fickle.

Overreacting and panicking at the slightest provocation.

Hard luck to Montrose, who on performance alone really should've inverted that scoreline. Big result for us though and some moments of class from the usual suspect(s) told; our financial situation/recruitment is made all the more galling by the fact we're a Grant/McStay midfield pairing from a right good side. Hopefully we'll take some confidence from that.

Montrose will be absolutely raging that they didn't take anything from that game and whilst they have two excellent wide players, good mobility in midfield and good full-backs in Steeves (not a centre half) and Ballantyne, they lack a cutting edge up front (the number of balls fizzed across the box would have been gobbled up by DGW) and the pairing they started at centre half was idiotic.

For Clyde, the easiest trio of MotM votes ever; Goodwillie, Syvertsen, Cunningham. The rest were various shades of average and awful. I will mention one outstanding late block from Rumsby though. Great credit to Danny Lennon for masterminding that turnaround.

This may be "old school" an opinion but what stood out for me in the first half was a lack of conviction in the challenge from Robertson and Shiels - losing all 50-50's and putting us on the back foot. On that point alone I would add Love as an honourable addition to David W's list of standouts. He threw himself into blocks, chased back and had that "it's my ball" attitude that makes the opponent have to work to get anything.

Great result and grinded it out well bar the late pinball in our penalty area. 

Montroses subs definitely helped. Cochrane and Mochrie both going off was strange unless they were knackered and likewise replacing Webster as soon as we put McNiff on at left back.