ICT vs Raith Rovers, 21/11/2020

Will be a novel experience having a forward on the bench this week.

I have two abiding memories of Rovers playing in Inverness:

one was being 3-1 down only to drag it back to 3-3 before having Simmons sent off and losing a 4th goal in the 90th minute from a counter attack from a corner we over committed to.

The other was losing 1-0 in a game I barely saw because a thick mist had settled over the pitch and as soon as players crossed the halfway line you just lost them. There must have been some goalmouth action going by the noises from the ICT fans down that end, but fucked if I know what went on most of that game.

Think we will be on the wrong end of a high scoring affair tbh.

16 minutes ago, renton said:

Will be a novel experience having a forward on the bench this week.

I have two abiding memories of Rovers playing in Inverness:

one was being 3-1 down only to drag it back to 3-3 before having Simmons sent off and losing a 4th goal in the 90th minute from a counter attack from a corner we over committed to.

The other was losing 1-0 in a game I barely saw because a thick mist had settled over the pitch and as soon as players crossed the halfway line you just lost them. There must have been some goalmouth action going by the noises from the ICT fans down that end, but fucked if I know what went on most of that game.

Think we will be on the wrong end of a high scoring affair tbh.

I remember both those games.  The 4-3 game was when Richie Foran scored a last minute bicycle kick winner which he really upped the momentum for us winning the First Division that season.  The 1-0 game was earlier that season and was absolutely bizarre.  I was sitting in the North Stand towards the bridge and we couldn't see any further than just over the half way line and couldn't see the Main Stand at all.  Adam Rooney scored towards the South Stand and we were none the wiser!

Done a wee preview of the match here

I'm intrigued to see how we line up defensively tomorrow. We have a squad where we've got a few players returning back to fitness who could replace players who have gone into the squad and done a reasonable job. Kieran MacDonald was our PotY last season and was tremendous going forward but has been hampered by injuries so far this season so I don't know if we'll risk him. Should be interesting to see if we use Lokotsch at any point. Having Tait in for this game is huge - he missed the cup game through suspension but has been brilliant this season. 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I think that Tade ran the length of the pitch to score the Raith second goal in that 4 - 3 game?

Rings a bell. Think it was Jamie Mole's debut for us as well, I'm sure he got the equaliser. Was a neat wee finish.

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Really think that rovers are the real deal this season and as said on VFTT it’s not the type of football I expected from clogger mcglynn.

Looking like a very tight league.

If we could have a really good Championship season without your mob just being that little bit better, that'd be great

Looking forward to this one, probably our biggest challenge so far in the league. Took two attempts at the payment to get it to work but no bothers with the SPFL website other than that. 

I know a few people are saying they've struggled to get into the football this year and it's shite not being able to have a crowd in. However having not lived locally for around 6/7 years, this is probably the closest I've felt to the club in years as I can watch most games rather than just attending a handful of games a season. 

21 hours ago, RiG said:

I think that Tade ran the length of the pitch to score the Raith second goal in that 4 - 3 game?

I don't really remember the goals but I'm sure Tade came on in the second half and caused absolute havoc.  Considering we had Bulvitis at that time though that wouldn't have been difficult!

What an utter fucking dreadful site by the SPFL.
I purchased something online half an hour ago with my Debit card, all good, used the same card/number for the SPFL site, card number no good, I bought online with my debit card after the rejection, all good, since then I had to use my credit card to buy the game.
I managed to pay and even got a receipt (with no link to where to watch) but now being asked to re-register and can't find a login button on iPad. Garbage site. Even Cowdenbeath make PPV purchase easy.

20 minutes ago, raith_94 said:
On 20/11/2020 at 11:17, Zen Archer Esq. said:
What an utter fucking dreadful site by the SPFL.
I purchased something online half an hour ago with my Debit card, all good, used the same card/number for the SPFL site, card number no good, I bought online with my debit card after the rejection, all good, since then I had to use my credit card to buy the game.

I managed to pay and even got a receipt (with no link to where to watch) but now being asked to re-register and can't find a login button on iPad. Garbage site. Even Cowdenbeath make PPV purchase easy.

The login is at the top (on a laptop anyway) image.thumb.png.b67fffd59edbb465a9858409eb59a889.png

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

What's the weather looking like for the game?

It's fairly coorse up at this end of the A9. Blustery with heavy showers. Very windy when the showers are on.

Don't know if it's any easier down in Inverness.

Edited by embow