ICT vs Raith Rovers, 21/11/2020

A great performance overall with the whole team working well together, Kennedy worth a mention though as the boy looked like he was on roller skates the way he waltzed by defenders.

It was great to be back in the stadium and everything was very well organised and ran smoothly, there is no way there was 150 in the North Stand as it looked more like 50 but the south stand looked like there was the 150. 

Disapointed with RR's Hendry as I expected a lot more from him after the last game where he had a great game.

Disapointed with RR's Hendry as I expected a lot more from him after the last game where he had a great game.

That was his worst performance in a Rovers strip by some distance.

Not too downhearted after that. We never, ever win in Inverness and they’re a good looking side this season. Benedictus and Musonda looked fine at centre half together and Regan Tumilty was probably our best attacking outlet. MacDonald was off the pace. His namesake in goals had a cracking game with some very nimble stops. None of the midfielders or attackers did really anything of note, and when you have 6 players failing to make an impact on the game you aren’t going to get anything from it.

Inverness better than us and deserved the win. Onto the next.

Delighted with that result but even more with the performance. That’s over 50% of a new team - three18 year olds starting, even Brad McKay looked good! Some of the interplay between Kennedy, Keetings, and Allardice was  excellent. I know MacGregor is seen as a 10 but himself and Allardice work really well. . Sutherland worked tirelessly not just in attack but winning ball back and Storey was a constant threat even if his final ball was...well...

I don’t expect us to go up this season but getting all these youngsters blooded and a New defence built is fantastic on a shoestring. Really impressed by Robbo 

as for the commentary. The boy has swatted up everything apart from who is on the pitch and what they look like! Horrendous. 

We seemed to struggle with the basics today and you don't win football matches if you are struggling to string together a couple passes. Not sure what happened today but a lot of the players seemed to have off days, Hendry in particular as poor as I've ever seen him.

Fair play to Inverness though, wanted it more and were the better team. If only you could sort out the stream and that absolutely awful commentator. 

21 minutes ago, Ott said:

as for the commentary. The boy has swatted up everything apart from who is on the pitch and what they look like! Horrendous. 

I gurantee that guy has encyclopedia brittannia a-z in 52 leather bound books in his bedroom......

...absolute twat !!

I had the commentary on in the background for a change and it was a bit cringeworthy at times. Worth remembering this guy is only about 20 years old IIRC but I think he is trying to hard to fill the space with stuff that just isn't really interesting despite him clearly taking the time to read every players Wiki. It just doesn't sound natural and he definitely needs someone alongside him to help out. 

I was there. 8)

Raith didn't really trouble us much at all and their closest chance seemed to be a cross that almost went all the way in.  Obviously the first time I've seen some of these players in the flesh and some of them look like very good additions - Allardice is an absolute unit and reminds me a lot of Greg Tansey.  Sutherland was alright but like in the Butcher days, Robbo is playing him on the wing - I think he's more effective as a centre forward.  Storey is miles better down the middle and then there's Kennedy - this guy really looks the business.  Not very big but really skilful - has a bit of the Ryan Christie-style about him.  

In truth we really should've won by more.  Storey hit the bar twice in the first half and there was a really good chance in the second half for MacGregor.  4-0 wouldn't have flattered us.

Edited by Highland Capital

24 minutes ago, RiG said:

I had the commentary on in the background for a change and it was a bit cringeworthy at times. Worth remembering this guy is only about 20 years old IIRC but I think he is trying to hard to fill the space with stuff that just isn't really interesting despite him clearly taking the time to read every players Wiki. It just doesn't sound natural and he definitely needs someone alongside him to help out. 

You're right, I feel a wee bit guilty for the stick earlier. I wouldn't feel particularly good about myself if the boy comes on here and reads it. I don't think any of it was necessarily untrue, but he's obviously a relative beginner and I can't imagine he's getting much support from the club, based on everything else related to the streaming process! He'll learn and he'll get better, but a co-commentator would take away the need for him to be talking constantly

He needs to find his voice. Is he doing this enthusiastic-yet-dispassionate 40s style radio commentary that we got 99% of the time, or is he doing a faux-ironic "awaaaaaaaay we go" schtick? 

Printing off screeds from Wikipedia doesn't really count as research, but I suppose it's more than Davie Provan bothers his arse to do for Scotland games. When we played Queens earlier in the season, you could tell one of the two boys on comms had been reading through our last couple of match threads on here. That gave him a much better background for calling the game than being able to tell us that John McGlynn is the 28th and 34th Raith Rovers manager since World War Two (which, incidentally, is a weird starting point to use for that stat. It implies something significant happened to the Rovers at that point, like Hitler had been the gaffer at Stark's Park until he shot himself).

51 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'm sure he has an excellent career ahead of him doing voice-overs on double glazing ads on local radio.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Here’s an idea of ICT...get a color guy from the opponent’s broadcast team to team with your guy...or an ex-player whose head isn’t up their arse!

Tich McCooey![emoji44]
There's a blast from the past, min.[emoji3061] 
Furry Mirth Raideeoh![emoji849]
Funny mouth we called it

Tich mccooey though, bloody hell

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Here’s an idea of ICT...get a color guy from the opponent’s broadcast team to team with your guy...or an ex-player whose head isn’t up their arse!

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Reported for racism

ETA - and spelling

How’s this: “When playing Raith, get Tade to provide colour for the stream.”

Whoops....too far? OK, add “commentary” in there.

16 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That was his worst performance in a Rovers strip by some distance.

Not too downhearted after that. We never, ever win in Inverness and they’re a good looking side this season. Benedictus and Musonda looked fine at centre half together and Regan Tumilty was probably our best attacking outlet. MacDonald was off the pace. His namesake in goals had a cracking game with some very nimble stops. None of the midfielders or attackers did really anything of note, and when you have 6 players failing to make an impact on the game you aren’t going to get anything from it.

Inverness better than us and deserved the win. Onto the next.

Totally agree with you but for the first goal when Storey passed the ball along the goalmouth for Keatings to tap in I felt he should have had that easily but he seemed rooted to the spot and possibly he was expecting a defender to clear it.

Whilst we are certainly not Barcelona or Man City our playing style recently has been excellent. What a difference from the high balls battered up to White last season and, to some extent, Toddy this campaign.

ETA: Goals from yesterday. As per usual the camera on the other side of the ground offers much better quality than the Pixellot effort.

Edited by RiG