ICT vs Raith Rovers, 21/11/2020

No complaints we were poor today and I’m taking nothing away from Inverness as they deserve the win and could have got a couple more goals. Hendry was really poor and it showed how much he makes us play and without him firing we look poor a serious worry if he gets injured. Grand scheme of things it’s 1 defeat in the league this season but a tough run coming up. Need to regroup and learn from the loss.

Too many off days really, and I do think a large part of that could be that Caley had already had a look at us. Hendry was very poor, Armstrong couldn’t do anything right, Ross was anonymous and Duku didn’t get a sniff. You could run through virtually everyone and be unkind probably but those guys have ran every game we’ve played so far. Can’t happen every week.

We went up a gear second half but had to leave ourselves very open to get there. A goal was coming and it just happened to be them that got the break rather than us. Felt we wasted a few good openings shortly beforehand, Armstrong especially trundling a stupid shot at the goalie with options either side.

Probably a reality check and maybe that’s not the worst thing in the long run. Hard not to be disappointed but needs to be kept in context I think.

Fairly miserable performance. ICT pressed well in the middle, don't think we won a second ball all afternoon. Beyond ICT playing well, we did not at all. Armstrong's dead balls were awful all day. Hendry had one of his periodic overplaying it in a bad position errors. Duku was largely relegated to heading the ball to no one. 

One of those suffocating 2 goal losses. Never really looked like contesting it.

Bit of a reality check, but ICT are the best team we have played this season and will rightly have promotion as their aim this season.  

That said, Hendry and Armstrong were probably the poorest players on the park - and are so pivotal to what we do well.

What really annoyed me today however was the amount of cheap fouls we were looking for.  We really had to be stronger in all areas of the park, but especially the middle.

Tough lesson, hope we learn from it.