ICT vs Raith Rovers, 21/11/2020

14 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Yes we can mute him (and I did for the most part), but that doesn't change the fact that the club have employed this guy when they'd have had no shortage of far better applicants.

If you know there is a no shortage of better applicants for game commentary, and you've named quite a few on another thread, then phone the club and put their names forward and strongly argue the case for them as you already did on the other thread.

It's what I would do and believe me I would back you up if it would stop the moaning.

I've no more to say on the matter.

Edited by SandyCromarty

What’s the deal for this game then, a tenner? Maybe just having one, but couldn’t find a link or that on Twitter.
Seems like the commentary will be muted, and RaithTV commentary on (if that’s going to be a thing?) even if there’s a slight delay in what I’m watching.

Like HTC says, come 3pm, I’ll be smashed as I’ll partake in another virtual away day.

My XI would be -
JMac
Tumilty Frankie Bene KMac
Matthews Hendry
Armstrong Tait Ross
Duku

- that midfield is beautiful!
- no apologies for KMac/JMac
- Hopefully Frankie & Bene do the job!

Right now I would be happy with a score draw, as mentioned the next few fixtures are massive for us, and any points any where in them will keep us ahead of the curve in where we probably thought we would be.

30 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

What’s the deal for this game then, a tenner? Maybe just having one, but couldn’t find a link or that on Twitter.
Seems like the commentary will be muted, and RaithTV commentary on (if that’s going to be a thing?) even if there’s a slight delay in what I’m watching.

Like HTC says, come 3pm, I’ll be smashed as I’ll partake in another virtual away day.

My XI would be -
JMac
Matthews Hendry
Armstrong Tait Ross
Duku

Right now I would be happy with a score draw, as mentioned the next few fixtures are massive for us, and any points any where in them will keep us ahead of the curve in where we probably thought we would be.

Try this thread for streaming details:

34 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

My XI would be -
JMac
Matthews Hendry
Armstrong Tait Ross
Duku

7 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Phoning football clubs to complain about their in-house commentary is a crime worse than DMing footballers to compliment them on their performance IMVHO

Can you just imagine doing that?  

"Hello Caley Thistle.  Your commentator is rubbish, can you sack him?"

"Okay."

*Shouting in the background*

"Hey commentator!  You're sacked!"

"Grrrrrrr!"

Edited by Highland Capital

It really would improve the experience of watching lower league matches from home if there was a ‘no commentary’ option on all streams to be honest.

Obviously you can mute but I don’t like it entirely silent.

Edited by Paco

22 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Who is the commentator, someone from CTO or is it the guy who ran the twitter site?

Neither. I believe he is a broadcasting/journalism student who doesn’t have any connection with the club. Not that you need to have a connection with the club to do the job.

37 minutes ago, Paco said:

It really would improve the experience of watching lower league matches from home if there was a ‘no commentary’ option on all streams to be honest.

Obviously you can mute but I don’t like it entirely silent.

I agree with this. I muted the East Fife game after about half an hour but it’s much better being able to hear the refs whistle and even the players.

19 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Imagine being the commentator for a game only to find out that everyone had you on mute afterwards.

Who is the commentator, someone from CTO or is it the guy who ran the twitter site?

It’s actually not that tough to be a good commentator and a fan of one side or the other, while not spilling your fandom unnecessarily into the commentary. RaithTV have always tried to hew a course to the middle to allow visiting fans to enjoy listening too, and QoS and Morton this year have certainly had excellent and knowledgeable commentary without being jingoistic. By reports, ParTV and DeeTV are somewhat mildly homerish, ICTTV is just horrible announcing and Hearts is horribly biased. Alloa is getting decent reviews, and I haven’t heard any clear reports of the trends on Ayr or Arbroath.

40 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It’s actually not that tough to be a good commentator and a fan of one side or the other, while not spilling your fandom unnecessarily into the commentary. RaithTV have always tried to hew a course to the middle to allow visiting fans to enjoy listening too, and QoS and Morton this year have certainly had excellent and knowledgeable commentary without being jingoistic. By reports, ParTV and DeeTV are somewhat mildly homerish, ICTTV is just horrible announcing and Hearts is horribly biased. Alloa is getting decent reviews, and I haven’t heard any clear reports of the trends on Ayr or Arbroath.

I thought the Raith commentary, for our cup game, was excellent. They always tried to see the decisions if it was given against them and how they would feel about that. Exactly the way to do it. 

Edited by PB1994

My initial thought is this one will be a draw.

This will be the 1st time we have met a team that we’ve already played, my belief is that after teams have seen us once they do much better against us there after. With that in mind, given that the last match was a draw and that Inverness are at home (ok no fan backing but on grass) we might do well to avoid defeat and bring a point back down the A9.

A win would be tremendous but I’ll settle for a point.

I’d doubt it’ll be a 0-0 or even 1-1, this fixture has the potential for goals........and that’ll be the death knell for that then 😂

6 hours ago, embow said:

Will there be a full house of home fans (all 300) in attendance, or will you all just bide in the hoose for the live stream?

300 season ticket holders have been given tickets for the game. Hopefully those who can’t make the game will let the club know so they can give the tickets out to folk who can make it.

Edited by PB1994

7 hours ago, HoustonRover said:

Looks like Caley thistle options are only monthly or annual on that spl matchday thing? Or am I being stupid?

It should be £10. This page shows the game as being available for £10:

https://matchcentre.spfl.co.uk/subscribe

The SPFL Matchcentre website is truly awful so if you are getting stuck I don't blame you.

8 hours ago, PB1994 said:

300 season ticket holders have been given tickets for the game. Hopefully those who can’t make the game will let the club know so they can give the tickets out to folk who can make it.

Cheers. Living in Caithness this would normally be a 'home' game for me, as would Dingwall if we had a game there. Gutted I cannae get to watch live in person in the stadium.☹️

What an utter fucking dreadful site by the SPFL.

I purchased something online half an hour ago with my Debit card, all good, used the same card/number for the SPFL site, card number no good, I bought online with my debit card after the rejection, all good, since then I had to use my credit card to buy the game.