ICT vs Raith Rovers, 21/11/2020

And here we go again...

ICT PPV coverage reported to have improved greatly with the addition of an operator. Dylan Tait back in the lineup for the Rovers, but Iain Davidson is out. Can The Count continue his torrid streak of scoring? What say you?

Expect this one to be a very different game compared to the one last week. We'll be able to add both MacDonalds (injury withstanding for Kieran) along with Benedictus and Lokotsch returning to the squad. We might have a bit of a dilemma as to who will start in the middle of the park: Musonda and Mendy were fine against Cowdenbeath but it'll be a completely different story away to Caley. This is going to be the start of a run of really tricky games for us: after this weekend we've then got Dunfermline, Ayr and Hearts. I can't see us changing up our system too much given the success we've had so far this season. 

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Shirley the back 4 has to be Tumilty and McDonald at full back with Musonda and Bene in the middle?

Would expect the midfield to be the same as against Morton, and the Count coming in for Loko. 

Regardless, I’ll be pished by 3pm. Mon the Roverzzz!

Not sure that we don’t wait another week to avoid re-injury for KMac, it’s not worth pushing it.

JMac

Tumilty/Mendy/Bene/Musonda

Matthews/Hendry/Armstrong

Tait/Loko*/Ross

*Duku withheld to sub in at the 60 minute mark, due to the battering gets taken recently.

Our strikers are coming back from injury which is pleasing.  Still not convinced at the back, really need Toshney back as he's miles better than Devine and Mckay.  I think this will be a 1-1 draw.

I have a bad feeling about this.  2-0 Raith Rovers.

Not sure that we don’t wait another week to avoid re-injury for KMac, it’s not worth pushing it.
JMac
Tumilty/Mendy/Bene/Musonda
Matthews/Hendry/Armstrong
Tait/Loko*/Ross
*Duku withheld to sub in at the 60 minute mark, due to the battering gets taken recently.

Why would Tait play in Armstrong’s position and Armstrong play in Tait’s position?

Having Macdonald back is a big boost - at least means we can put out a coherent defence. 

Probably going to be our toughest test yet in the league so the injury situation remains suboptimal, but at least we didn't pick another up against Cowden. Just a week of training to get through... 

I'd put Duku back into the starting line up, Macdonald at LB and go with it. Probably harsh to drop Lars when we won 5-0 last time he played and only missed the last games due to being cup tied, but Manny is the bigger goal threat. 

Edited by Michael W

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Why would Tait play in Armstrong’s position and Armstrong play in Tait’s position?

Because Tait has been playing a more attacking position recently? Or perhaps because I simply slipped up? Could be either...

Would be nice to finally beat Inverness in 90 minutes. Our record against them is ridiculous. We won 5 and drew 2 of the first 7 meetings between the sides and since then we lost 15 and drew one of the next 16 prior to last weeks cup game. I make it 10 straight defeats in Inverness, conceding 29 goals in the process.

Away from those depressing stats, I really enjoyed the cup game last Tuesday. Inverness are the best side we have played this season (Hearts aside) but I thought the teams were evenly matched on the night. I can’t see this game being quite as open but I’d take a draw right now.

This is the start of a tough run of games to the end of the first third and we’ll have a better idea by the end of this run whether our good start so far has been helped by the sides we have played, or if we are a genuinely decent side at this level capable of looking up the way rather than down. I’d still settle for 8th place right now but I have been impressed by us so far. 

Assuming Kieran MacDonald is fit, I would go with the following:

MacDonald

Tumilty       
Musonda   
Bene       
MacDonald

Matthews     
Hendry

Armstrong    
Tait   
Ross

Duku

Hopefully get through training unscathed and have Spencer, Loko and possibly Ugwu as options off the bench. 

Edited by R.R.FC

How was the ICT stream against East Fife?

Had no intention of buying it with the initial problems but I’m sure I saw it was much better on Saturday, and it’ll be a couple of weeks before we play again, so...

16 minutes ago, Paco said:

How was the ICT stream against East Fife?

Had no intention of buying it with the initial problems but I’m sure I saw it was much better on Saturday, and it’ll be a couple of weeks before we play again, so...

It's under manual control now so it was much better than the first two home games. Picture quality is okay but not great (720P at best IMO) but at least we are no longer missing goals or following the linesman around. Commentary seems to be better but still not great although I've tended to have it turned off.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

It's under manual control now so it was much better than the first two home games. Picture quality is okay but not great (720P at best IMO) but at least we are no longer missing goals or following the linesman around. Commentary seems to be better but still not great although I've tended to have it turned off.

Is it the same commentator?

14 minutes ago, RiG said:

The zoom is digital. So you get an 8k 180 degree shot and then you have a viewing window that's controlled (previously by the AI)

If you zoom right in then you may well be under 1080p. Pixellot's function is only useful as a wide camera imo. Any detail especially on the far side corners of the park you need something with an optical zoom. Now I've spoken to them and it's technically feasible to mix other cameras/graphics/replays and send it to the OTT that we've bought from them. As long as it doesn't interfere with the blank IMG feed that's the next thing we'll be doing.  Needless to say that means you'll be stuck with what you've got now.

Also makes syncing commentary a ton easier than doing it through Spalk.

40 minutes ago, RiG said:

The commentary was as bad as ever IMO. He was still getting players names wrong, being ridiculously over excited about nothing shots and he even grrr’d when he mentioned Ross County beating us.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Is it the same commentator?

By all accounts he was apparently a little better than last time round but as mentioned above he did indeed "Grrrr!" during the game:

28 minutes ago, RiG said:

By all accounts he was apparently a little better than last time round but as mentioned above he did indeed "Grrrr!" during the game:

You're right he did improve from the first fuckin disaster though he's far from ideal, my advice for those who don't like it is to do as you did and mute him, but keep him switched on if you like to fuckin moan after listening to 90 minutes of him, it's your choice.

Overall the coverage was good compared to the initial broadcasts

Edited by SandyCromarty

We have to beat this lot just once eh! 20 years of misery. The only team for me to challenge the victims. They really are a quality side. If we just compete with them then we’ll see how good we really are. Inverness are the best of the rest imo. 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

You're right he did improve from the first fuckin disaster though he's far from ideal, my advice for those who don't like it is to do as you did and mute him, but keep him switched on if you like to fuckin moan after listening to 90 minutes of him, it's your choice.

Overall the coverage was good compared to the initial broadcasts

Yeah I agree if you don't like it just hit the mute button. Maybe getting another ICT fan in alongside him would help out. I liked the Raith commentary duo who seemed to bounce off each other well.

27 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I have no idea which fantasy team you are describing in your post there and why it matters so much to create such misery.

We're pish and we know we are.

Raith have the promotion bounce right now and anyone with any common sense will see them as favourites and should beat us like Arbroath did last season.

This post has the trademarks of Falkirkitis. They constantly downplay their chances. And inevitably always won the game. I’m not buying it in other words.