Israel v Scotland - 18 / 11 / 2020

4 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Disappointing tonight, clearly we need a bit more 'click' up front. Fraser and a fit Griffiths will help with that.
On the whole though, Clarke got us organised to win the game that mattered most. I trust him to sort out the weakness up front too.

We lack pace up front to be feasting at the top table with the good teams

Aren't sure playing Fraser or Christie there is the answer

I’m disappointed but I don’t want to overreact. We are playing much better than we have in a long time and Clarke is currently making a good job of getting players from the SPL as well as England, to play really well together as a team. 

it’s still a bit of a work in progress and we do need someone to come through as a goal scorer. If we can finish, we’d be a very decent side.

We've thoroughly outplayed Israel there and had a whole bag of chances that we didn't take which is obviously frustrating but we're miles better right now than we've been for years. Lacking goals for sure but not for want of creating opportunities.

Still reasonably happy although that was a bit of a shite end to the group.

Faddy makes a great point there. We had 7 times as many shots on target tonight than we did at Hampden v them last month.

We are more defensively organised than before, and we are starting to create more now. The goals will come in time too.

Missing out on League A now is a disappointment, but maybe it will allow us to win more in League B next time, and keep developing.

Criminal not to win that group but we're lacking a goalscorer and some depth. Can't blame the manager for that.

Too many poor decisions with the final ball. A harsh lesson learned.

We're miles better than we were this time last year.

Loads calling for Clarke to get punted on twitter. Why I detest social media right there.

Clarke faced everyone down with the 3-5-1-1 and it turned out to be right for the circumstances... first qualification in 22 years, which is all that matters.

But circumstances change, quickly: he should play a 4-2-3-1 in every game between now and the Euros, so that there’s a ready-made ‘plan B’.  That gets five players on the pitch where we’re strongest and means your width is not just coming from the wing-backs, but from the likes of Fraser and Forrest. We’ll score more goals that way... and scoring goals is our no. 1 problem.

Folk criticising Clarke tonight have completely lost the plot.

I think people need to remember, Clarke has probably only had 2/3 camps with this particular group of players, still to get forrest and fraser back which is a bonus, i dont think clarke is the type  of guy who's looking for a quick fix, bit by bit he will try and improve us. we're now creating chances unlike a few games back, we need to start being clinical that would make a massive difference.

Well...in a sense we go into the next round of games having suffered this.

To say we are 'going to boogie' may be a tad optimistic....but I'd rather this squad enters March with 2 defeas on their backs rather than thinking they're world beaters.

Guest bernardblack
Criminal not to win that group but we're lacking a goalscorer and some depth. Can't blame the manager for that.
Loads calling for Clarke to get punted on twitter. Why I detest social media right there.

The latter will be the idiots who jumped on the bandwagon after Thursday.

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Faddy makes a great point there. We had 7 times as many shots on target tonight than we did at Hampden v them last month.

We are more defensively organised than before, and we are starting to create more now. The goals will come in time too.

Missing out on League A now is a disappointment, but maybe it will allow us to win more in League B next time, and keep developing.

Hard luck story again - we should have won tonight, no excuses!

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Just punting this at those types
image.png.1df9c616d960e1214e775ca650bf9365.png

Edited by Comrie

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Clarke faced everyone down with the 3-5-1-1 and it turned out to be right for the circumstances... first qualification in 22 years, which is all that matters.

But circumstances change, quickly: he should play a 4-2-3-1 in every game between now and the Euros, so that there’s a ready-made ‘plan B’.  That gets five players on the pitch where we’re strongest and means your width is not just coming from the wing-backs, but from the likes of Fraser and Forrest. We’ll score more goals that way... and scoring goals is our no. 1 problem.

Folk criticising Clarke tonight have completely lost the plot.

We have 3 World Cup qualifiers in March, don’t we? I wouldn’t be experimenting with a plan B in those, unless it’s against shite like Moldova or San Marino.

He does need to work out something different, and his subs rarely make a huge difference. I do think he was hamstrung by Fraser being out. Having either him or Christie as a creative option on the bench could have been huge.

7 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Another game of some decent chances, all missed and a defeat. 

We didnt look to good when Israel put together bursts of quick pass and movement play. They could have had a 2nd goal as much as we might have nicked one.

The 3 games this 7 days has drawn a line of where we are...a decent well organised team that can nick a goal...or lose by a goal and that's about it really. 

Where we are at the moment. There's a long way to go for the team.

6 minutes ago, GiGi said:

We've thoroughly outplayed Israel there and had a whole bag of chances that we didn't take which is obviously frustrating but we're miles better right now than we've been for years. Lacking goals for sure but not for want of creating opportunities.

Still reasonably happy although that was a bit of a shite end to the group.

We absolutely did not completely outplay them. They had two very good chances, other than the goal, that they could have scored from, especially the chance inside the box that Marshall saved.