Israel v Scotland - 18 / 11 / 2020

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I know there is a bit of bias in a United fan saying this, but were Burke and McBurnie genuinely better options than Shankland?

I would like to see them get a chance, we really have to look at other options, our lack of goal scoring is always going to be a problem if we don’t.

Gallagher and O’Donnell kind of show that you can be decent for the team even if you aren’t at a big club. I certainly think if they are both scoring then I’d like to see them in the next games which I think are in March.

i understand peoples frustrations about not topping the group it was poor, questions can be asked if so many changes were needed on sunday but cmon we're actually in a tournament for once, try and enjoy it without being miserable dramatic wee bitches

Guest bernardblack

You could make a lengthy list of players in that squad who aren’t good enough for international football.

To name a few:

McBurnie
Burke
Shankland
Cooper
Paterson

I know there will be the usual overreaction, as there is every international game, but the performance wasn’t really an issue there IMO. We played well enough to win that, we just didn’t get the breaks. 

Slightly worried that our front three pressed inconsistently and exposed our midfield too often. And leaving McTominay to defend 1 on 1 is suboptimal.

Let’s hope that Clarke recognises that some of the deadwood in the squad needs cleared out - Burke & Griffiths aren’t capable of playing international football at the minute.

Dykes had a poor game overall tonight. Nothing stuck with him the way it normally does. Christie also kept making the wrong decision and McGinn just looked knackered. Armstrong and Fraser should be first choice there with Dykes.

Positives are O’Donnell and McGregor looked good, and Jack and Gallagher were fine. 

Important to remember this team is still developing and it’ll take time for things to gel. Players are still learning how to play in the system and with each other.

Very disappointing given the doors a victory could've opened.

No possible playoff on standby for WC 2022 qualifying. Got to win next Nations League to have playoff standby for Euro 2024 qualifying - promotion would've almost guaranteed it.

Got to win next NL to make Pot 2 for Euro 2024 qualifying - promotion guaranteed it and put Pot 1 in reach.

Division A would have also meant improved TV £/ticket sales/etc.

2 away games in a row where we have had equal possession if not more and more shots on and off target and NADA to show for it. 

We ran out of luck for sure. We carried a fair bit v Israel and Czech at home and to an extent Serbia away. 

Very disappointing to blow a 4 point lead with two games to go.

Clarke has done well but he is not a miracle worker. We had chances to score tonight and failed yet again. 

Dykes is decent but he is not going to b prolific. 

You would take Zahavi every day of the week. 

Israel are ranked in 80+ but I cannot see why. They have now won only 3 games in 13. 2 against us as it happens. sick of the sight of them to be honest.