Israel v Scotland - 18 / 11 / 2020

1 minute ago, CambieBud said:

I’m not going to criticise too much because we would get horsed in Group A anyway.
However the biggest problem I’ve noticed in both domestic and international games is the inability or reluctance of players to play a pass in front of a player. Every forward pass is safe, played behind a running teammate. The receiver has to slow down to collect the pass, taking momentum away. This is true at almost every club in Scotland and England. It’s also true with the national side. It’s as if players are more interested in their stats than anything else

Watching Scotland with my Sevco hat tonight (and I know you love The Rangers) and this is a good point well made.

Scotland's pattern in play is hugely frustrating.

The lack of confidence in Christie in the final third is quite surprising. We haven't dominated and nor have we been the better side. It's been a pretty even game and Israel do seem to be satisfied with letting us have the ball and hoofing it long. 

We haven't had much in the way of chances and I wouldn't be surprised to see us losing another goal on the counter tbh. 

I don't see how any personnel changes at this stage changes anything either. A motivating and energising team talk, maybe.

1 minute ago, DanMc99 said:

lack of confidence and conviction in final 3rd costing us dearly , the same as sunday

We created more on Sunday though other than McGinn header a cut back from McGregor Christie not shooting when he should a header from Dykes we looked toothless

I want to see bulket throws and is sticking the heid on it sick of the short throws

3 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

I’m not going to criticise too much because we would get horsed in Group A anyway.
However the biggest problem I’ve noticed in both domestic and international games is the inability or reluctance of players to play a pass in front of a player. Every forward pass is safe, played behind a running teammate. The receiver has to slow down to collect the pass, taking momentum away. This is true at almost every club in Scotland and England. It’s also true with the national side. It’s as if players are more interested in their stats than anything else

I think we'd get some joy at least in League A. We are set up to counter attack, which we could do more often against the better sides.

We've won the ball off them quite a few times in the final third and had a numerical advantage but aren't showing any killer instinct. Drive towards goal and either have a shot or draw the man and play him in. It's easy to say as a fan but frustrating nonetheless.