Israel v Scotland - 18 / 11 / 2020

Too many times Scotland get the ball forward and then appear to lack confidence or ideas and then three passes later the balls been knocked back 50 yards. Better to try and make something happen with a shot or a forward pass. We are too safe and predictable.
Yep, I'd rather we hammered hopeful shots at goal and tested their keeper and maybe for a few rebounds rather than this overthinking, nervous pish.

This has been a far poorer attacking performance than Sunday. With some of the space we've had in midfield we should have created much more than we have, but the only clear cut chance was O'Donnell.

This is a huge 45 minutes. With the luck we got with the Czechs away and taking six points from them, failing to win the group through dropping points to Israel twice would be a huge disappointment.

Just now, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Then we'll never qualify for another EC/WC.

I agree though.  We're wretched away from home.

Actually to be fair we were good v Slovakia and should have had at least a draw. 

Tonight. As many chances as Israel. But lacking composure. 

Christie was in the exact same position as a Solomon and chose to pass. 

Slovakia can still help us but I do not see us scoring two. So big luck needed. 

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This would be a hugely confidence sapping defeat. To have chucked away winning this group from the position we were in, and the rewards for winning the group for future qualification chances, would be a massive kick in the balls.

thats my major concern . to go from that high to flinging the group away.

although im sure clarke will sort that out

Israel are a poor side. It’s a travesty we are losing this game. It was a good goal from them, but we’ve been the more dominant side and just can’t make decent chances. We aren’t clinical enough. Christie had a great chance to score and plays a piss weak pass to McGinn instead. Also, McTominay should have been throwing himself at that boy who got past him to score. He just kinda doesn’t really bother. Not good enough from him.

I’m not going to criticise too much because we would get horsed in Group A anyway.
However the biggest problem I’ve noticed in both domestic and international games is the inability or reluctance of players to play a pass in front of a player. Every forward pass is safe, played behind a running teammate. The receiver has to slow down to collect the pass, taking momentum away. This is true at almost every club in Scotland and England. It’s also true with the national side. It’s as if players are more interested in their stats than anything else

Just now, jamamafegan said:

Israel are a poor side. It’s a travesty we are losing this game. It was a good goal from them, but we’ve been the more dominant side and just can’t make decent chances. We aren’t clinical enough. Christie had a great chance to score and plays a piss weak pass to McGinn instead. Also, McTominay should have been throwing himself at that boy who got past him to score. He just kinda doesn’t really bother. Not good enough from him.

lack of confidence and conviction in final 3rd costing us dearly , the same as sunday