Israel v Scotland - 18 / 11 / 2020

10 hours ago, Andrew Driver said:

Today was the day to play the strongest side.  If we had we'd have won the group.  

Israel are a far better team than Slovakia.   This will come back to haunt us.  

Unfortunately we could not. Dykes was suspended and some of the others might have benefited from a rest 

2 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

Marshall

Cooper Gallagher Tierney

SOD Jack.    McGregor     Robertson

Christie Dykes   Mcginn

Only team that should be starting. 

I don't know if he'd ask Tierney, Christie and McGinn to start all three. Tierney has played every minute of the previous two games, the only player that has.

And obviously McTominay would be in.  We need to win I'd be tempted to go with Griffiths up top instead of Christie and Armstrong instead of McGinn.  Get 65 minutes out of Griffiths.

Wouldn't be surprised to see McKenna or Cooper replace Tierney on left of back 3.

So

--------------------------------------------Marshall

---------------------McTominay--------Gallagher-----------McKenna

O'Donnell--------------------Jack--------------------McGregor-----------------Robertson

-----------------------------Griffiths--------------------Armstrong

---------------------------------------------Dykes

Could easily stick with Palmer too, imo its six and half a dozen

12 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I don't know if he'd ask Tierney, Christie and McGinn to start all three. Tierney has played every minute of the previous two games, the only player that has.

And obviously McTominay would be in.  We need to win I'd be tempted to go with Griffiths up top instead of Christie and Armstrong instead of McGinn.  Get 65 minutes out of Griffiths.

Wouldn't be surprised to see McKenna or Cooper replace Tierney on left of back 3.

So

--------------------------------------------Marshall

---------------------McTominay--------Gallagher-----------McKenna

O'Donnell--------------------Jack--------------------McGregor-----------------Robertson

-----------------------------Griffiths--------------------Armstrong

---------------------------------------------Dykes

Could easily stick with Palmer too, imo its six and half a dozen

No Armstrong

I'd imagine we'll revert as much back to Thursday's team as possible.

If Robbo is injured, I imagine Tierney will start left back.  Taylor to replace him after 60 minutes.

Gallacher, McKenna, McTominay as back three.

Palmer and Tierney/Taylor at wing back.

Jack and McGregor back in the middle.

Dykes up front.

That leaves the last two to be selected between Griffiths, McBurnie, Burke, Shankland, and obviously McGinn and Christie.

I'd fancy Christie and McGinn both to start, and get subbed off either half time or 60-70 minutes.  They've both played two matches, but neither made it the full 90 (never mind ET) against Serbia.

Cannot see McBurnie playing up front with Dykes.  It just doesn't work.

Palmer was one of our worst players yesterday, I would definitely be looking to bring O'Donnell back in for this. Get as close to Thursday's team as you can, perhaps with Taylor, McKenna and Griffiths/McBurnie/Burke in for Tierney, Robertson and Christie if they're not available to start.