Dunfermline Vs Hearts

Guest 8GamesToGo
On 20/11/2020 at 13:38, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I wonder if my wee pals @8GamesToGo and @pansjambo will make an appearance this evening.

435786888_20200820_223610(1).png.3e51e8748c6328d0ccb0288ecc67f95e.png

A delightful start to the weekend.

Reveal hidden contents

1091036322_cheers(5).jpg.bf00cd4879fc04c5b2f3ca5f36b02236.jpg

No hard feelings!

Regards 

The Calpol 3

How many years did it take your team to get out the championship again?

All part of our master plan to finish 2nd and beat St Mirren in the playoff final to send them down. Got to eke as much revenge as possible out of this situation after all.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

How many years did it take your team to get out the championship again?
All part of our master plan to finish 2nd and beat St Mirren in the playoff final to send them down. Got to eke as much revenge as possible out of this situation after all.

More than eight months after big Jon sent your rabble of shite bags to the Championship and we are still living rent free in your head. Delicious.

IMG_4175.jpg

On 23/11/2020 at 22:23, D.A.F.C said:

Neilson bought an entire new team for United mid season and made them worse.

Did he? 

I'm fairly certain he come in and absolutely obliterated the league picking up more points than anybody else and - if he were in place at the season start and that form was there - United would have cantered the league. 

Did he? 
I'm fairly certain he come in and absolutely obliterated the league picking up more points than anybody else and - if he were in place at the season start and that form was there - United would have cantered the league. 
I believe their form took a nosedive and scraped many results by a shankland goal or two after Christmas.
Could be wrong.

They only won 3 games after Christmas last season and only dished out more than a 2 goal lashing in a 4-1 win at Partick (where Kenny Miller scored a consolation :D)

However, they won like 7 or 8 in a row right before Christmas so that was the title wrapped up in time for Scotch and Wry on the 31st December. 

44 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I believe their form took a nosedive and scraped many results by a shankland goal or two after Christmas.
Could be wrong.

I checked and it turns out you are wrong but not about that. Their form did nosedive but Neilson didn't bring in a new squad

There were two players who returned to United last January after their loans ended (Osman Sow from Kilmarnock and Matty Smith from Montrose who was  almost immediately offloaded to Waterford).

They brought in a teenager Kieran Freeman from Southampton who didn't play and is currently farmed out to Peterhead

So there were really only two first team signings American Midfielder Dillon Powers  and Rakish Bingham.

It appears that the most important change to the squad in January was the "other striker" Nicky Clark getting Ankle surgery and neither Sow not Bingham being able to play the Brian May role opposite Shankland's Freddie Mercury

We could probably find someone who watched United last season and is old enough to remember Live Aid to confirm or refute my theory

@Granny Danger are you out there?

We were 11 behind them with a game in hand against Partick.  If we won it would have been 8 points behind and they were stuttering.  It was no where near a foregone conclusion that United were going to win the league.

36 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I checked and it turns out you are wrong but not about that. Their form did nosedive but Neilson didn't bring in a new squad

There were two players who returned to United last January after their loans ended (Osman Sow from Kilmarnock and Matty Smith from Montrose who was  almost immediately offloaded to Waterford).

They brought in a teenager Kieran Freeman from Southampton who didn't play and is currently farmed out to Peterhead

So there were really only two first team signings American Midfielder Dillon Powers  and Rakish Bingham.

It appears that the most important change to the squad in January was the "other striker" Nicky Clark getting Ankle surgery and neither Sow not Bingham being able to play the Brian May role opposite Shankland's Freddie Mercury

We could probably find someone who watched United last season and is old enough to remember Live Aid to confirm or refute my theory

@Granny Danger are you out there?

The answer is “Robbie Neilson is shite”.  Not sure what the question is but that’s definitely the answer.

32 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We were 11 behind them with a game in hand against Partick.  If we won it would have been 8 points behind and they were stuttering.  It was no where near a foregone conclusion that United were going to win the league.

914F4433-3387-40EE-83C5-9DEC38AF66A5.gif.b38b6dabe0a102b0856fdffac5f4ff7e.gif