Dunfermline Vs Hearts

The problem Neilson has got this season compared to last time we were in the championship is there's zero credit to be gained from winning the league, which is taken as a given.  So how we win it and the style of play is all important and poor performances aren't going to be given any tolerance as we saw last night.

We were very poor moving the ball and when we were called on to defend we looked shambolic.  We've got possibly the worst winger I've ever seen who won't run at players, a central midfield who want to play like we're already 3 up and Naismith hindering Boyce because they both want to drop into the same areas.

Our individual quality will win us almost every game (and indeed could have done last night with better finishing) but he needs to add more pace into our play and stop trying to shoehorn players into the team/find a formation that accommodates them

3 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Thought he was superb and that he’s a better player than first time around. Always looks to me like Crawford must work hard one-to-one with the forwards as they all show flashes in games of stuff that he used to do. 

Aye I'd agree, there seems to be more to his game that just being a nuisance these days, his hold up play is better than I remember it anyway. 

2 hours ago, RiG said:

I think the tone was set when McInroy (I think) right from kick off when steamrollering into one of the Hearts players. Seriously impressed with the work rate of those two charging about the pitch to close down Hearts when they had the ball but also to get back into position to maintain Dunfermline's shape. 

As has already been said letting Thomas cut in from the right side onto his left food is daft. He scored a wicked goal against us last season doing something similar and given that Murray has already scored 23 goals from corners this season bold of Hearts to not bother marking him last night.

Absolutely this. I think Hearts were totally taken aback by the aggression and very high energy we showed. We were always in their face and weren't giving them a chance to have time on the ball. McManus was a massive nippy b*****d in that regard last night, and was also fighting for every ball anywhere near him. He had a great game and must have been absolutely knackered when he went off. 

2 hours ago, Girth said:

When’s the trophy presentation Pars? 🍾🍾🍾

Think we're aiming for late January. Certainly no later than mid February.

Turner playing as a number 10 was phenomenal. Top a the league lads, 22 games left. Not getting carried away but how many points are we skooshing this league by?
The rest of the league will be delighted by the fact the gap will be kept down with the shorter season.

I watched Neilson's post match interview on the BBC and he actually came across in a sporting and philosophical manner. 

Christ knows what happens during the game when he turns into an absolute rocket towards the opposition and officials. No need for it. 

Seems to love playing the pantomime villain role. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Absolutely this. I think Hearts were totally taken aback by the aggression and very high energy we showed. We were always in their face and weren't giving them a chance to have time on the ball. McManus was a massive nippy b*****d in that regard last night, and was also fighting for every ball anywhere near him. He had a great game and must have been absolutely knackered when he went off. 

Think we're aiming for late January. Certainly no later than mid February.

He did have a good game, though it's a fine line with aggression as he would have had no complaints if he'd been sent off in the first half and you'd be cursing him.

On 20/11/2020 at 22:54, Chubbychops said:

We kept our shape. Our midfielders were better on the ball and we defended better. Hearts have some very good individuals but Pars are more advanced as a team.

This last bit.

We looked like a side that barely knew each other. Strange as against Dundee and Hibs, we did look like a team.

How many times have we seen sides that are not the sum of their part? Netherlands for example.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, you can sign as many 'names' as you want, you need them playing cohesively if you want to win leagues.

When we were in League 1, we signed 3 players that got team of the year, signed Michael Moffat who was banging them in every week for Ayr, had a promising Shaun Byrne in our ranks, had players like Geggan who got in to Championship team of year previously and we ended up finishing 7th. 

I don't think Hearts are that level of shittery, but you can sign all the names you want doesn't automatically get you results. 

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

When we were in League 1, we signed 3 players that got team of the year, signed Michael Moffat who was banging them in every week for Ayr, had a promising Shaun Byrne in our ranks, had players like Geggan who got in to Championship team of year previously and we ended up finishing 7th. 

I don't think Hearts are that level of shittery, but you can sign all the names you want doesn't automatically get you results. 

Basically Dundee this season.

Why did you have to bring this season up now?