Misheard Song Lyrics

Szamo's_Ammo

Can't remember the Nirvana song but i thought it was "it's ok to eat fish cos they don't have any feet" 
Something in the way.

My two that jump to mind are guns n roses. Used to love her (but I had tequila)
Metallica - die die my darling (don't fry tomatoes baby)

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/01/2021 at 08:45, stevieKTID said:

I totally ruined Dolly Parton's Islands in the stream for my girlfriend by singing Islands industry every time she plays it. 

Her singing partner on that, Kenny Rogers also sang about "400 children and a crop in the field".

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Turns out that Abba's "Having you here/near" is in actual fact "Happy New Year". 

Had OTB on in the car and asked my other half "why would Abba be singing that today?" as per Cosgrove's suggestion.

Edited by Hedgecutter

• 3 weeks later...

First copy of Metallica's Black Album that I had was a hissy tape that someone made for me; I'd never heard anything by them before. Until I finally saw his original CD, I thought the second track was called Sex Control  :wacko:

Also heard Cotton Eye Joe by Rednex again recently, and I finally heard that the opening line is, "if it hadn't have been for Cotton Eye Joe". I'd never thought about it much, but it always just sounded like gibberish until the title - "fadden fo bimfa Cotton Eye Joe".

• 8 months later...

Joe Esposito - You're the Best

Took me years to question that "you're the best...for now" sounds less triumphant praise and more grudging recognition, which you don't get a lot of in pop songs.

• 3 weeks later...