Thistle vs East Fife - November 21st

Overall a very comfortable win. If we are serious about going up we need to be winning these kinds of games, especially when at home. 
Graham was outstanding today, his second goal was lovely. 
Happy with how everyone played today.

Multiple encouraging individual performances today, something we need to be having as a bare minimum if we are to be serious about challenging for the title.

Graham has been outstanding since he joined, never mind so far this season, though Murray had his first really good game today as well.

Foster was reassuring at the back, Sena was terrific and Williamson and Penrice really did well overlapping.

Was worried that Cardle's booking for a dive [which was not a dive] might cause us some issues but glad that it did not.

Finally, I thought we could have had another couple of penalties at least, in addition to East Fife's early free-kick probably being a penalty, a rather terrible officiating performance I must say.

2 minutes ago, Meatwad said:

Finally, I thought we could have had another couple of penalties at least, in addition to East Fife's early free-kick probably being a penalty, a rather terrible officiating performance I must say.

Thought the east fife was a penalty myself but the referee gave it as a free kick, ach well.

Think if we'd got a a second before half time that could have been a pumping. 

Sena did alright, gave away a lot of fouls but was at least aggressive. 

Pretty sure we got away with a penalty right at the start rather than the free kick at the edge of the box. That said a couple of the EF yellows were borderline reds. 

Feels like years since we won a league game relatively comfortably though, so can't complain too much. 

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Get this c**t to f**k!!!

Picking one player as a scapegoat doesn't explain that performance.  It was an atrocious team effort. Did their keeper have a catch to make far less a save ? 

We were slaughtered 2-0 and the lack of discipline was embarrassing.  Today we were poor from back to front but still hadn't changed it after 70 mins or so and go 2-0 down with subs still warming up.

East Fife played as if they were beaten before a ball was kicked.We are a soft touch and very few players  came out of that with credit.There are too many players in their comfort zone and it needs a shake up.Perhaps we should have dealt with the obvious weaknesses  in the team over the close season.

East Fife are terrible at the back starting with the goalkeeper.I still can't understand how Brett Long has lost his place. The backs are too slow. We hit the ball from back to front missing out the midfield and the lack of urgency and creativity in midfield is terrible. If it's  not working change your team quicker not with ten minutes to go. The players on the bench surely are better than that. 

34 minutes ago, troy said:

East Fife are terrible at the back starting with the goalkeeper.I still can't understand how Brett Long has lost his place. The backs are too slow. We hit the ball from back to front missing out the midfield and the lack of urgency and creativity in midfield is terrible. If it's  not working change your team quicker not with ten minutes to go. The players on the bench surely are better than that. 

Management team saying Hart is more vocal and communicates better with the defence. I’m sorry but he has a mistake every game. A lot of these players on 2 year deals in their comfort zone just going through the motions. Very little heart and god knows about a winning mentality. Big changes needed next week and forget about his loyalty to certain players. A few guys needing to look in the mirror and ask themselves if they are emptying their tank during the 90 minutes.

41 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

Management team saying Hart is more vocal and communicates better with the defence. I’m sorry but he has a mistake every game. A lot of these players on 2 year deals in their comfort zone just going through the motions. Very little heart and god knows about a winning mentality. Big changes needed next week and forget about his loyalty to certain players. A few guys needing to look in the mirror and ask themselves if they are emptying their tank during the 90 minutes.

Hart is a accident waiting to happen. He can play well for the majority of a game and technically has some good points. More often than not though he will make an error you’d expect to see at boys club level that ends up costing points 

I have been surprised at East Fife’s start to the league so far, I thought you would be pushing for the playoffs and spending most of the season around 5th/4th. You appeared to recruit well in summer, especially the signing of Swanson and your manager has received high praise in the past.

Of course it is only five games in, but you seems pretty toothless in attack today and didn’t really threaten us at all apart from a 10 minute spell. It could be to do with how we played today though as I thought we marshalled the midfield well.

I have been surprised at East Fife’s start to the league so far, I thought you would be pushing for the playoffs and spending most of the season around 5th/4th. You appeared to recruit well in summer, especially the signing of Swanson and your manager has received high praise in the past.
Of course it is only five games in, but you seems pretty toothless in attack today and didn’t really threaten us at all apart from a 10 minute spell. It could be to do with how we played today though as I thought we marshalled the midfield well.

So did we. Before the season started we knew that we had arguably the hardest 3 away games in the first few games. Cove, Falkirk and Patrick but it’s the manner of the defeats which are a real worry. We now have 4 big games coming up and we need to start getting a bit of a run together.

Most Partick fans weren't too confident on here beforehand, you think you've got problems?

We seem to have the twin problem of giving goals away too cheaply & not being able to conjure up any kind of attacking threat, every goal we've scored so far seems to have been a worldly.

Still, only 3 points from the play off places, but we really need a kick up the backside. More favourable games on the horizon, but we need a reaction next week. I don't think it's just the players that have become too comfortable, maybe the manager also!

8 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Highlandmagyar somehow is even more miserable in victory than defeat.

Nope Im delighted we won. Penrice seemingly played well today. At left midfield. He's a liability at left back. Too slow and innefective as a left wing back. If McCall puts him back there, then I am still glad to let hom go to East Fife or whoever.

4 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Nope Im delighted we won. Penrice seemingly played well today. At left midfield. He's a liability at left back. Too slow and innefective as a left wing back. If McCall puts him back there, then I am still glad to let hom go to East Fife or whoever.

He played LWB yesterday and was one of the best players on the park. I don’t think Penrice is particularly great but he’s not bad as people have made out IMO. He’s been okay for the past couple of seasons, he’s just not developed into being as good a player as originally hoped.

9 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Hey!!! He's one of our own.