Queens v Alloa

They gave us a two goal head start up there last season and we still couldn't beat them.  Alloa undoubtedly have some good players but their workrate and ability to play as a team are like an extra man,   and it's something we rarely seem to be able to match. That has always seemed to me to be the main difference in the sides, and fitness wise you're  often left  wondering which of us is the "full time"  team. 

15 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

They gave us a two goal head start up there last season and we still couldn't beat them.  Alloa undoubtedly have some good players but their workrate and ability to play as a team are like an extra man,   and it's something we rarely seem to be able to match. That has always seemed to me to be the main difference in the sides, and fitness wise you're  often left  wondering which of us is the "full time"  team. 

Full time. part time  no difference in fitness or anything really .

Alloa are a good example that you can just be as good if not better being a part time team .

27 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I was at The Recs for that 2-2 game.  We were bossing that game at 2-0 then went to sleep and lost two goals in a minute or so - albeit the finish from O'Hara (I think) was an absolute belter.  That was an excellent piece of business by Alloa getting him into the team, surprised he isn't playing at a higher level than Championship.  There's no doubt that Alloa have done well in the part-time recruitment market.  Perhaps they have one or two full-timers, I don't know.

Yep, there's no doubt that good quality part-time players coupled with good coaches/organisation/motivation can be a match for the lower level of full-time squads.  Nothing's a "given".

6 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

will be popping my tenner by paypal for this , good pricing , i hope the commentary isnt too biased  🙂

The commentary is the best I've heard from the streams I've tuned in to so far, and most away fans have praised it in the first few games.

3 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

I had to hit refresh to get it started but it’s running now. 

Tried that a couple of times,  nowt.  Went on my phone to see if it was working on that and it was. Logged out and back in on my laptop seems OK now.