Dundee United v Hamilton Academics

Now that Smith is back fit, I can’t understand for the life of me why we play 5 at the back, especially against the likes of Accies.

Smith and Robson with any combination of 2 out of the Bombscare 3 at CH suits fine, keeping Bolton further upfield where he is far more effective. We absolutely need to get more service to the strikers, especially at home against anyone but the top 4.

Agree that had Hamilton not scored today, in all likelihood,  they would have left with a point, and MM would have been OK with that..... Another point closer to not getting relegated, which is his one and only objective for this season.

I thought McNulty looked really decent at times today, just not on the same wavelength as others, but hopefully that may come. 

I also think there is def a player in Fuchs, and he just needs more game time to adapt.

Mental that we only started playing any form of vaguely decent football When we went behind. I think that had we started with the formation we finished with, we would have won far more comfortably. Hats of to Nicky Clark again. Showed some real composure for both finishes today.

Also agree with others... Is this shite to watch? Yes!

However, At the start of the season, If someone had offered me United having 20 points after 15 games, clear in 5th and 13 off bottom, and the Dees languishing in 7th (seventh) in the Championship.. I’d have bitten their arm off for it.

A bunch of happy Arabs in our house tonight!!!!

8 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Now that Smith is back fit, I can’t understand for the life of me why we play 5 at the back, especially against the likes of Accies.

Smith and Robson with any combination of 2 out of the Bombscare 3 at CH suits fine, keeping Bolton further upfield where he is far more effective. We absolutely need to get more service to the strikers, especially at home against anyone but the top 4.

Agree that had Hamilton not scored today, in all likelihood,  they would have left with a point, and MM would have been OK with that..... Another point closer to not getting relegated, which is his one and only objective for this season.

I thought McNulty looked really decent at times today, just not on the same wavelength as others, but hopefully that may come. 

I also think there is def a player in Fuchs, and he just needs more game time to adapt.

Mental that we only started playing any form of vaguely decent football When we went behind. I think that had we started with the formation we finished with, we would have won far more comfortably. Hats of to Nicky Clark again. Showed some real composure for both finishes today.

Also agree with others... Is this shite to watch? Yes!

However, At the start of the season, If someone had offered me United having 20 points after 15 games, clear in 5th and 13 off bottom, and the Dees languishing in 7th (seventh) in the Championship.. I’d have bitten their arm off for it.

A bunch of happy Arabs in our house tonight!!!!

At the start of the season I reckon there was unanimity amongst Arabs as to the objective, and we’re on our way to achieving that.

But then reality kicks in and you realise you might be watching this for the rest of this season, and maybe the next couple

13 minutes ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

United are probably the worst team we have played so far, and still we lost. Game over I fear.

The way that match played out for Accies was typical of a relegation season.

Fairly comfortable, go a goal in front and end up collapsing and losing the game anyway. Very 2015/16 United-esque.