Dundee United v Hamilton Academics

United have suffered just one defeat in our last 7 league matches and a win in this game will move us 13 points clear of relegation.

Accies are in terrible form, losing to diddies like Annan, Stranraer and St Johnstone and being hammered 8-0 at Ibrox last week.

All of these facts point to one thing and that is a Hamilton victory.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Utd 3 Accies 0 - at half time but we will win the 2nd half 1-0 and Brian Rice will be delighted with the endeavour and attitude of the players.

I am willing to accept this without us kicking a ball.

It occurred to me recently that United's set up and form since going to a back 3/5 has closely mirrored that of the National Team. Very few goals conceded and very few chances created. Boring as f**k and painful to watch. Then the National Team had a couple of decent performances and I thought: maybe United will follow suit and become more expansive; maybe we'll remain hard to beat but might actually play some football. 

Then I watched the Slovakia and Israel games and realised that it was all a load of shit and we'd never score again.

0-0.

36 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

It occurred to me recently that United's set up and form since going to a back 3/5 has closely mirrored that of the National Team. Very few goals conceded and very few chances created. Boring as f**k and painful to watch. Then the National Team had a couple of decent performances and I thought: maybe United will follow suit and become more expansive; maybe we'll remain hard to beat but might actually play some football. 

Then I watched the Slovakia and Israel games and realised that it was all a load of shit and we'd never score again.

0-0.

The Serbia game felt very similar to the United v Rangers League Cup final in 2008.

Better ending last Thursday though.

0-0.
Predicting Accies will keep a clean sheet - that's unlikely.

8 hours ago, Steven W said:

Chalmers fit for this?

Don't think he'll be ready for another few weeks.

Game itself is odd as we won't have had a league match for 15 days, then have another fortnight before the next match. I'm hoping the players are refreshed and fully fit, not 'rusty'. In the most recent LC game I felt the side showed more attacking intent as a 4-4-2, maybe Mickey Mellon has taken note of that. Don't want to see Edwards, Connolly and Reynolds on the same park.

1 hour ago, cdisaaccie said:
2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:
0-0.

Predicting Accies will keep a clean sheet - that's unlikely.

The stoppable force versus the moveable object.

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Don't think he'll be ready for another few weeks.

Game itself is odd as we won't have had a league match for 15 days, then have another fortnight before the next match. I'm hoping the players are refreshed and fully fit, not 'rusty'. In the most recent LC game I felt the side showed more attacking intent as a 4-4-2, maybe Mickey Mellon has taken note of that. Don't want to see Edwards, Connolly and Reynolds on the same park.

If playing at home against a poorly performing Hamilton is not the time to go on the offensive then I don’t know when is.

Utd 1-0 Ham

Academicals produce the most artificial meat you can find in the league. More of a spam than a ham but some "folk" must keep buying that awful shit or they would have shut down, or relocated somewhere with a more obvious customer base such as the cheese and crackers superleague below us. Hopefully boarding themselves up at the same time they do the arena. Then we dont have to look at them anymore.

Edited by Mvondo_the_great

7 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Utd 1-0 Ham

Academicals produce the most artificial meat you can find in the league. More of a spam than a ham but some "folk" must keep buying that awful shit or they would have shut down, or relocated somewhere with a more obvious customer base such as the cheese and crackers superleague below us. Hopefully boarding themselves up at the same time they do the arena. Then we dont have to look at them anymore.

What was the unedited version of this?

2 up front please.

As much as I don't rate him and will regret saying this, maybe give Mcmullan a chance out wide. 

Don't play Harkes and Butcher together unless they promise to pass forwards occasionally. Id even take a promise not to pass directly to a defender every time.

Leave Connololy on the bench. The one in the gym hall in St Andrews.

4 at the back.

And most of all try to get the ball to the big forheaded laddie up front. Its been a while but I think I remember hes good at goaling. Its been so long now.