England v Scotland - Euro 2020 - 18th June

Frank Grimes

6 hours ago, Empty It said:
13 hours ago, ros20 said:
Cheers! - Yeah I was thinking three months but I wasn't sure if they'd open up earlier considering the surge in interest. Happy to get a bus or a train if the prices are semi normal. No idea about Covid, just working on the hope that it'll improve. Reckon there'll be many options with supporter's buses heading down? 

I've set up an alert on the train line for them to email me whenever the tickets for the date go on sale, maybe worth checking out.

The website Trainline? Good idea I'll have a look!

Just now, Empty It said:
4 minutes ago, ros20 said:
The website Trainline? Good idea I'll have a look!

Yes tried to do on the app but wouldn't let me so had to go online

Yeah I've just done it now, cheers. I'd try it for Megabus too but I don't think they offer it.

Anyone any suggestions on where is best to stay in London? Group of 8 of us travelling down. Any help would be appreciated troops, cheers[emoji1303]

I live in London so happy to advise. How are you getting down here and are you planning on going to the game?

13 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I live in London so happy to advise. How are you getting down here and are you planning on going to the game?

Planning on getting the train down, we won’t be at the game just be around Trafalgar Square of the fan zones! 

Just now, Nicoross said:

Planning on getting the train down, we won’t be at the game just be around Trafalgar Square of the fan zones! 

Maybe an Air BNB somewhere central-ish?  For example:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/3634802?adults=8&check_in=2021-06-17&check_out=2021-06-21&source_impression_id=p3_1605464989_DueJ%2BvPa1ypeviJ9

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/27128028?adults=8&check_in=2021-06-17&check_out=2021-06-21&source_impression_id=p3_1605465005_rfx2%2BOtsyfmNm5OX

My son and some of his pals have booked up a couple of apartments in Hackney (where about in London is that Dad? 🤦🏻‍♂️)
They haven’t got tickets yet, just going down for the atmosphere. There are 8 going but it has room for 14 so Dad may have to go as well to keep an eye on them! [emoji6]

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

The cleaning fees of both are ridiculous. For £125 I'd be expecting to watch Liz Hurley do it naked.

Sorely tempted.

Digs won’t be an issue and I’m happy to drive if necessary.  Not in supporters club so chance of a ticket will be very slim, I’ll probably try half-heartedly but definitely not willing to pay ridiculous rates so it would be be a decision purely based on Covid getting to f**k and fans zones being set up and going for the party 

• 1 month later...

What's the chance of us actually getting to London? Their is no way in hell they will want thousands of scots down their all mingling together surely.A know its a few months away yet but cant see us getting. Hope I'm wrong as already booked accommodation etc

On 13/01/2021 at 11:53, mo83 said:

What's the chance of us actually getting to London? Their is no way in hell they will want thousands of scots down their all mingling together surely.A know its a few months away yet but cant see us getting. Hope I'm wrong as already booked accommodation etc

I think it’ll be extremely unlikely but who knows. I’ve booked flights and accommodation for 3 nights, can cancel the hotel a month beforehand and get a full refund and flights were only £80 at the time so not the end of the world if I can’t get that refunded. 
I suppose it depends on hospital and death figures nearer the time. If these have dropped drastically by then, and the pressure has really dropped on the NHS I don’t see why normality can’t resume by then. However they may not want some sort of mass event happening in London then 1000s of Scots heading back up the road potentially infecting others again. 

TLDR; f**k knows.