Has Covid Killed The Banter

It's Friday afternoon and not even a thread of up and coming ties. I used to love a Saturday morning as the abuse and banter kicked in before the game, and then later on the disection of the matches by jubilant or hard done by posters. With Talbot not in the picture just now along with other major players has Covid killed the banter?

22 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

It's Friday afternoon and not even a thread of up and coming ties. I used to love a Saturday morning as the abuse and banter kicked in before the game, and then later on the disection of the matches by jubilant or hard done by posters. With Talbot not in the picture just now along with other major players has Covid killed the banter?

There is zero interest because the big teams are not playing in the league , simple as that 

33 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

These are glorified friendlies that fans can't get to attend. Is it any wonder there is little interest?

2 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

One root cause (COVID) but different factors at play.

As a Talbot fan you'd be used to more chat as there are quite a few fans on here and that would drive conversation with upcoming games. Talbot sitting out sees that dry up.

Other teams, especially rivals, are sitting out has a similar effect as Talbot fans would be chipping in on other threads.

Cups, promotion and relegation are also conversation starters. The latter two aren't a factor really this year and there's only the SCC which hasn't really started yet.

For those fans still following teams playing this season some on match days are going to be focused elsewhere. For those clubs offering streaming services there is often a chat feature. Chat that occurs there may have otherwise been commented on P&B after coming home from the game which would keep threads active following games. Instead they get said live off site.

If Talbot had been playing i'm sure there would have been plenty of threads to follow even BCD. The Scottish Cup draw has just been made so there would have been a thread v. your opponent just popped up, the Kelty SCC game would have been next week i'm sure that would have been pretty busy between the posters of the two clubs, and then there would have been threads around WoS Premier opponents i'm sure.

Me and another well known poster were talking about this the other day, with no punters in watching there is definitely not as much interest even although clubs are doing a good job in streaming games it’s not the same as going, you can see that by the amount of folk watching the live streams.

Plenty of reasons,maybe the fact that we don't even know if the season will end, whether promotion and relegation will happen - making it a pointless season in some people's eyes. Think everything changes when you're there watching the game, opinions across P&B before and after. Difficult when there's no build up to Saturday.

Clubs are advertising games on social media then say unfortunately fans are not allowed. So why f****** advertise the game. Seems daft to me

Agree with people losing interest. Although Talbot are not playing I still like to keep an eye on what's happening but last Saturday I forgot there was games on and it was 7pm before I checked the results

11 hours ago, ernest said:

Clubs are advertising games on social media then say unfortunately fans are not allowed. So why f****** advertise the game. Seems daft to me

to keep fan connected to the club. Some are live streaming the game too so fans can still watch it. The view that because fans aren't allowed clubs shouldn't advertise games is possibly is a ridiculous view to have. It's like saying if a fan doesn't go to the game in normal times because they have something else to do they shouldn't be kept up to date with the game!

Kick in the teeth if you ask me.Season should never have started without the fans.This will only alienate fans

to keep fan connected to the club. Some are live streaming the game too so fans can still watch it. The view that because fans aren't allowed clubs shouldn't advertise games is possibly is a ridiculous view to have. It's like saying if a fan doesn't go to the game in normal times because they have something else to do they shouldn't be kept up to date with the game!

5 hours ago, ernest said:

Kick in the teeth if you ask me.Season should never have started without the fans.This will only alienate fans

Alienate fans??? Actually daftest thing I've heard on this form.  You dont get how social media works, you should delete the internet too from all your devices you'd be better off!

I actually like to go out and watch a match in person.I am not a sad b*****d like yourself who probably has square eyes by looking at screens all day.This level of football was meant to be a spectator sport and it is the fans that provide the atmosphere in the ground. You'll probably be one they saddos that play online bingo

Alienate fans??? Actually daftest thing I've heard on this form.  You dont get how social media works, you should delete the internet too from all your devices you'd be better off!

2 hours ago, ernest said:

I actually like to go out and watch a match in person.I am not a sad b*****d like yourself who probably has square eyes by looking at screens all day.This level of football was meant to be a spectator sport and it is the fans that provide the atmosphere in the ground. You'll probably be one they saddos that play online bingo

haha, I bet you wanted to stay in 'ra juniors' too

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

There wasn't even a latest score thread started yesterday. A few results were tacked on to last Saturdays thread

Nothing for the fans to post about. Fans of the teams that are playing can’t really comment on much as they haven’t seen their team playing in months. Sadly i think a lot of fans will be lost to the game after starting up without them