Slovakia v Scotland - 15/11

TheScarf

Guest Bob Mahelp

We've got a very attacking side out, but I get the feeling that we're short of a defensive midfielder. They're getting a lot of space in front of the defence. 

For all that it started with them playing through a high press, that's not the cause of the goal. We had the bodies there to defend that, but McLean and McGinn were both unnecessarily too deep to shut it down.
5-2-1-2 does make things awkward for the midfield 2 and defence (esp the wide CBs) in certain areas. It's too easy to commit and leave dangerous gaps.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd argue that McTominay could fit nicely into that role if needed, even though he's been excellent at centre half. 

McTominay definitely could but like you say we need him at centre half.

Gilmour would need to show a lot between now and June. He's better on the ball than off it.

Would love it if McBurnie morphed into a scoring sensation. I like an underdog and he fits the bill. 

To be fair he was unlucky in the games at Hampden and took his penalty well on Thursday. 

I agree though this is his chance as he won’t get too many more. And so far he should have done better with 2 good chances. 

Actually playing some decent football and creating good chances.