Slovakia v Scotland - 15/11

TheScarf

I think people need to understand what kind of player McBurnie is. He gets this same treatment from Sheff Utd fans too.

McBurnie can play two main roles in an attack: he can play as a target man and link up play by dropping deep and laying the ball off to runners. This is what Clarke is asking him to do, and he's done it very well in this half.

He can also play as a penalty box striker in a team that plays in transitions. This is what he did during his breakout season at Swansea.

The way Clarke is asking him to play, he's not supposed to be the guy that gets shots away. That's what we have Ryan Christie for. McBurnie's job is to get the ball from the middle third to the edge of the box.

On to the main game - this game is still very much there for us. We just need to exert more control over it. McGinn for Jack at the half and we're winning this game.

6 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

SOD >>> Liam Palmer

I really like SOD. Seems a great lad, and whilst its not rags to riches but he's hardly hit the dizzy heights of professional football. I think he's really pushed on of late and I think SOD is the natural right back and a much better player than Palmer.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

I think people need to understand what kind of player McBurnie is. He gets this same treatment from Sheff Utd fans too.

McBurnie can play two main roles in an attack: he can play as a target man and link up play by dropping deep and laying the ball off to runners. This is what Clarke is asking him to do, and he's done it very well in this half.

He can also play as a penalty box striker in a team that plays in transitions. This is what he did during his breakout season at Swansea.

The way Clarke is asking him to play, he's not supposed to be the guy that gets shots away. That's what we have Ryan Christie for. McBurnie's job is to get the ball from the middle third to the edge of the box.

So, in summary... Fucking Pish 

Seeing the goal back it actually looks as if the Ref blocks McGinn at the vital moment. In rugby that would have been a penalty for Scotland. Not saying McGinn would have stopped the shot but he would have had a chance to get closer to yon Vodka man. 

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

On to the main game - this game is still very much there for us. We just need to exert more control over it. McGinn for Jack at the half and we're winning this game.

I'd imagine that regardless of which role he's been asked to play, he's still being asked to score when he has clear cut opportunities.