Slovakia v Scotland - 15/11

TheScarf

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:

It's important tbh. Slovakia will always have a hangover tbf. They can't win group either.
Also if we do f**k up a win against Israel would also do it.

It is important, I know that, but we're probably not training today and Saturday's might be a bit of a write-off too.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
2 minutes ago, G51 said:
It is important, I know that, but we're probably not training today and Saturday's might be a bit of a write-off too.

Yeh, but Slovakia also traveling and played 120mins last night so maybe they won't be up for it as they can't win group?

True.

If we win both of these games I think we have a shot at Pot 2 for the WC qualifiers?

True.
If we win both of these games I think we have a shot at Pot 2 for the WC qualifiers?
Not 100% convinced as don't fully get it but I think if we get promotion to Group A we will be very likely to get world cup play off if we don't get through normal qualifying plus we will probably be seeded at least pot 2, possibly pot 1 for next Euros.
Absolutely I'm enjoying the moment but would be great if we could get Group A promotion

Let's face it, I'd imagine both sides would be up for just not playing the game and having a piss-up instead, but I can't see Clarke letting that set in.  Both sides will be on a wave after qualifying, but we really need to keep this going.  If we can get one win from the two games, or even better stay unbeaten, we could very well go into the Euros squad announcements having not lost in fucking ages, and being effectively guaranteed a second-chance playoff spot for the next two tournaments.  And the best thing is, it doesn't seem in any way like we're waiting for the run to end.  We're not blowing teams away, but it's not like we're hanging on either.  4 points from these games, and who knows what we can do?

17 minutes ago, forameus said:

Let's face it, I'd imagine both sides would be up for just not playing the game and having a piss-up instead, but I can't see Clarke letting that set in.  Both sides will be on a wave after qualifying, but we really need to keep this going.  If we can get one win from the two games, or even better stay unbeaten, we could very well go into the Euros squad announcements having not lost in fucking ages, and being effectively guaranteed a second-chance playoff spot for the next two tournaments.  And the best thing is, it doesn't seem in any way like we're waiting for the run to end.  

Spot on

Looking at how Clarke handled the post-Israel Slovakia game from last month, the defence stayed the same apart from the Cooper injury. We do have the depth there if we have to rest someone though.

McLean is a cert to start. Both McGregor and Jack played 120' so it's difficult to say if either of them will start. Unless Mctominay moves forward there's only really Armstrong or moving McGinn back for the other CM spot.
Difficult to see Clarke starting Griffiths over McBurnie currently.
A little worried about the midfield but maybe something like:

Marshall
O'Donnell
McTominay
Gallagher
Tierney
Robertson
McLean
Armstrong
McGinn
Christie
McBurnie

Looking at how Clarke handled the post-Israel Slovakia game from last month, the defence stayed the same apart from the Cooper injury. We do have the depth there if we have to rest someone though.

McLean is a cert to start. Both McGregor and Jack played 120' so it's difficult to say if either of them will start. Unless Mctominay moves forward there's only really Armstrong or moving McGinn back for the other CM spot.
Difficult to see Clarke starting Griffiths over McBurnie currently.
A little worried about the midfield but maybe something like:

Marshall
O'Donnell
McTominay
Gallagher
Tierney
Robertson
McLean
Armstrong
McGinn
Christie
McBurnie

It'll be tough but one of Jack and McGregor will probably have to start (I'm sure they were both rested for the last Slovakia game). I wonder if McLean will start the next two and Jack and McGregor will do one each. Other than that, I'd say your team will be right.

It'll be tough but one of Jack and McGregor will probably have to start (I'm sure they were both rested for the last Slovakia game). I wonder if McLean will start the next two and Jack and McGregor will do one each. Other than that, I'd say your team will be right.
I was thinking 45mins each but Clarke doesn't seem to sub anyone at halftime.
Mcgregor got ~20 mins vs Slovakia after 120 vs Israel. Jack got 2 mins after ~80. Dodgy one.