Squad for the finals

Donathan

8 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Is it true Tavernier is eligible due to residency?  

Only if Scotland becomes independent before June.

Otherwise he needs to have spent 5 years in the Scottish education system before age 18 to qualify.

24 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Swap Hanley for McKenna that will be pretty close.  McKenna is an absolute nailed on certainty, as he should be.  

Too many left foot centre halfs for me

Edited by Binos

19 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Think we need a different dimension in the striker pool. Either a fit Griffiths or a Nisbet/Shankland or even Naismith depending on how their seasons go. Wouldn't want to be at the championships playing like we were the other night without the means to change things up.

Hard to choose who would drop out tho!

It feels like a sell out but I would take Che Adams if he declared for us

Won't happen

In all seriousness John Souttar is nearly fit and he's a player I like.  Playing right side of a back three would suit him very well, and is the role he has probably played his best football in.  Very good on the ball carrying it out of defence too.  If he's fit and playing regularly he will be pretty close imo.

In all seriousness John Souttar is nearly fit and he's a player I like.  Playing right side of a back three would suit him very well, and is the role he has probably played his best football in.  Very good on the ball carrying it out of defence too.  If he's fit and playing regularly he will be pretty close imo.
I thought he was out for the season (or close to it)?

31 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
3 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I thought he was out for the season (or close to it)?

Aye, take it back, sounds like he has no chance.

I'm telling you Harry Souttar was the key.  Could have played McSauce in midfield too.  We would have won the Euros with him.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/josh-ginnelly-injury-update-hearts-19174697

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Eh?

Anyway, McBurnie and Burke shouldn't get near it, end of. Don't offer anything at all. Griffiths is probably done as well. 

Big guy who been scoring goals in championship for years his Grand Dad and Dad were footballers vin Scotland

Dunno if he actually beats to play for us though or has been asked

Griffiths shouldn't go if he isn't fit

If he has any sense he will leave Celtic in January

if any managers will touch him,with his bad attitude

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

I’d like to see some younger player, like Billy Gilmour getting a call up for the squad. That’s if he’s back in the Chelsea team by then. I saw that he is back from injury.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13270859/billy-gilmour-goal-chelsea-frank-lampard/

It’s just a case of who would miss out to allow him to be included. Maybe Fleck?

I've been thinking about the eligible players who haven't been interested in playing before.

As harsh as it is to the players who helped to get us to the finals. I think we should try and improve the team and squad as much as possible.

So if now the likes of Che Adams, Steven Caulker, Ryan Frederick's and others now want to play. Let's do it.

If their good and can improve us let's get them involved.

If we managed to win a couple of games and qualify out the group. I doubt there would be much thought given to the players that missed out.

We would just be delighted.

27 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I've been thinking about the eligible players who haven't been interested in playing before.

As harsh as it is to the players who helped to get us to the finals. I think we should try and improve the team and squad as much as possible.

So if now the likes of Che Adams, Steven Caulker, Ryan Frederick's and others now want to play. Let's do it.

If their good and can improve us let's get them involved.

If we managed to win a couple of games and qualify out the group. I doubt there would be much thought given to the players that missed out.

We would just be delighted.

Yes pretty sure Clarke will be exploring different options we have quite a substantial list of said players

Conor Gallacher in English U21 would be another good steal and Karlan Grant with WBA to