World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

14 hours ago, Hendricks said:

If it ends up giving Wales and Austria play offs spots it means all the big boys have already qualified!!!! That's the exact point, it's designed to ensure none of them miss out.

It only means that four of the big boys who won their Nations League groups have already qualified. England, Germany, Netherlands and Portugal would all miss out on a play-off spot in favour of Wales or Austria.

I disagree.  Denmark are favourites and rightly so but they're not a great team and it isn't too much of a stretch to see a way past them.
Bookies seem to have priced it right to me

I’d agree, except for Scotland.
Somewhere between 13/2 and 9/1 would be fairer odds.
We are not that much better than Israel, and not quite as decent as Denmark or Austria either imo....

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

We are not that much better than Israel, and not quite as decent as Denmark or Austria either imo....

I think we're a fair bit better than Israel tbh.  They never really do much in qualifying bar maybe pick up a single standout result.

I think folk are over rating them based on the recent games against us, but styles make fights.  We've never lost a game to Croatia for example but they're clearly miles better than us overall most of the time.

Edited by Insert Amusing Pseudonym

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

There is absolutely zero chance of us finishing top.

Yer arse. Denmark and Austria aren't that much better than us. This is the best group we've had in a lifetime. We absolutely have a fantastic chance of finishing top. 

We have drew, by far, the worst team in Pot 1 and avoided a hell of a lot of really dodgy Pot 2 teams like Poland and Switzerland. Austria is s till a toughie, and we could have drew an easier team like Wales, but you really cannot complain about drawing those two as your main competitors for top 2. It's the Israel one that gives me the fear. Can almost see it now: only needing a draw over there and get absolutely humped.

Edited by DAFC.

Yer arse. Denmark and Austria aren't that much better than us. This is the best group we've had in a lifetime. We absolutely have a fantastic chance of finishing top. 
We have drew, by far, the worst team in Pot 1 and avoided a hell of a lot of really dodgy Pot 2 teams like Poland and Switzerland. 
Whose lifetime?

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:
We have drew, by far, the worst team in Pot 1 and avoided a hell of a lot of really dodgy Pot 2 teams like Poland and Switzerland. 

Whose lifetime?

It's a figure of speech, champ. But when was the last time we had a group without an absolute powerhouse of a country in it? Or Eastern European mad-men where you'll be eaten alive or some crazy shit? World Cup 2018 was perhaps a generous group, but it still contained England, who are lightyears better than us or Denmark. 

Edited by DAFC.

We have to be happy with this group

For me Clarke needs to find a set of new wingers

When Fraser and Forrest doesn't play

So we can play wide against sticky teams like Israel

Dembele is rapid interested to see were he ends up in Jan

Also would like him to look at Jamie Paterson

Up front pacey strikers like Grant and Adams are needed if we can get them

Also Caulker and Elliot at CB could be different option to McTomilnay

Who might be better suited breaking up play in midfeild

Wanted Denmark and F.I so happy with them

Austria could been worse wanted Slovacks

Moldova could been easier but surely we can squeeze past them 2 0?

With the quality that we have in our team?

Would love to add others like two Gallagher Gunn Target Bryan Fredericks but probably won't happen like us adding the flashy strikers but we can still try

Lack off pace in the team still worries me add that we have some cracking technical left backs center midfielders and wingers that can supply chances

Pace is key though having it starting in our team and him having options to bring it off our bench when needs be

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

44 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

But when was the last time we had a group without an absolute powerhouse of a country in it? Or Eastern European mad-men where you'll be eaten alive or some crazy shit? World Cup 2018 was perhaps a generous group, but it still contained England, who are lightyears better than us or Denmark. 

Probably the Japan/Korea 2002 group. A much weaker Belgian side than these days were the top seeds. Unfortunate to pull Croatia out as 3rd seeds but we showed that we were on a par with them.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Forget our performances v Israel a second. Now go look at Israel’s qualifying history of recent campaigns. It’s really not very good.

For some reason they seem to have our number. They are a horrible team for us to play.

Nevertheless, Scotland have finished third in every qualifying group since 2003? (Minus the 4th behind Ireland).

Israel on the other hand.  4th four times and 5th once. A handful of 3rd placed finishes.

Sure, they ain’t a bad side, but they are nothing better than very very average (quite significantly more average than us).

Must say: that closing double-header has hallmark of another debacle in Georgia/glorious failure versus the top seed finish 😄!

Helpful to have Faroes last in March triple-header.

September triple-header looks tough especially Austria up last.

Edited by HibeeJibee