World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

Can't get much better than the top two but Israel and Moldova scream embarrassing away defeats. Aren't Faroe Islands OK now?
Folk assuming the likes of Faroes and Luxembourg have improved but it's mainly down to them beating fellow shit at their level in the Nations League. I presume that was the whole point if it though.

5 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I’m going to learn fucking Hebrew at this rate. Cannot stand them. Their results over the past 3 years show they aren’t good at all, yet we make them look like 2010 Barcelona.

BTW - Moldova and Faroes are dodgy draws. Moldova very rarely get rattled and Russia could only muster a draw there recently. We would have benefited there from getting San Marino but we should be getting 6 points. Faroes are nowhere near as bad as what they used to be and will be stuffy, especially away.

Apart from Denmark and Austria definitely being beatable, the rest are potential banana skins. We all know about Israel and the other two lower seeds could shan a result if we don’t turn up and put on a professional display.

The rest are potential banana skins for all teams. Maybe Israel can take points off Denmark and Austria. Maybe the top 2 seeds will drop points to Moldova. 

The likelihood given past history is it will be us but you never know. 

It is just good to see a Group where we could win and / or possibly finish 2nd v say a Belgium or Spain or Italy etc etc and a 2nd seed like Switzerland. In which case u can pretty much say we are fked before we even KO. 

A decent draw all told. 

Folk assuming the likes of Faroes and Luxembourg have improved but it's mainly down to them beating fellow shit at their level in the Nations League. I presume that was the whole point if it though.
Fair enough. I thought I'd seen them get a few results against teams around our level but didn't pay too much attention.

Guest bernardblack
I am happy enough with that draw and I won’t get too wound up about the potential pit-falls  just yet. 
Are the fixtures generated later today?

Do we still get to “negotiate” the fixtures?

I recall us doing that and agreeing to playing in the sweltering heat in Macedonia one August afternoon

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

The hipsters are furiously searching the teams' Wikipedia pages so they can tell us how Moldova's striker has scored three goals in Switzerland's second tier so they "are no mugs'.

Vitalie Damașcan Moldovan Forward on loan to RKC Waalwijk from Torino.

1 minute ago, Ian38018 said:

It is because we have not worried about the likes of Moldova in the past, that we have been fucked.

Indeed... plus our past experiences against Lithuania, Moldova, Belarus, Georgia, Macedonia and Kazakhstan (more than once in several cases) justifies natural caution nevermind Brown and Vogts nightmares in the Faroes.

Basically we've 2 away games that aren't gimmes but if you don't win you don't deserve to qualify or reach playoffs.

6 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Fair enough. I thought I'd seen them get a few results against teams around our level but didn't pay too much attention.

Think they get lumped in as wannabe Icelands but it doesn't feel too justified.

Other than against fellow minnows in Nations League Division D their recent results look worse than Moldova.