Return of the Tramp

5 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

1 of the things I was not looking forward to this season was Falkirk fans spending 90mins attacking PH. I've seen us do this far too often and to far too many which never seems to end well for us.

At least we will be spared the outrage in the tabloids after countless bars of soap rain down from the South stand towards the visiting dugout.

At least we will be spared the outrage in the tabloids after countless bars of soap rain down from the South stand towards the visiting dugout.

You need to get a lifebuoy.

Cove to sneak a 2-1 win and push this thread towards 50 pages. Significant seismic activity reported in the Grangemouth area as Hartley does a jig of delight in the away dugout as the ref blows for full time

In all seriousness, the Falkirk fans queuing up on Cove's twitter with a mixture of withering putdowns and outright abuse the day Hartley got the job up there, was one of the funniest things of last season on football social media.

Cove are deserving of being top of the table though, are a very tough side, and I can see the "greasy obese mess" and his charges taking at least a point this weekend. They'll be in the title mix come the end of the season.

Their a tough outfit at home where anyone will find it difficult with the terrible surface and wind blowing a gale. I'd expect us to have the beating of them down here though.   Looking at their squad there's not really anyone that stands out and even McAllister looked totally done when we pumped Peterhead down here last season. 

Their a tough outfit at home where anyone will find it difficult with the terrible surface and wind blowing a gale. I'd expect us to have the beating of them down here though.   Looking at their squad there's not really anyone that stands out and even McAllister looked totally done when we pumped Peterhead down here last season. 

Isn’t it one of the newer artificial surfaces?
Also, I rate Mitch Megginson pretty highly.....

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Isn’t it one of the newer artificial surfaces?
Also, I rate Mitch Megginson pretty highly.....

It's similar cheap and cheerful version  like Livingston's. Piles of rubber on it that kick up every time the ball bounces  and very slow. I reckon ours is still better even though it's years older.Megginson bounced about the lower leagues for a good while now. Hasn't done much at a higher level though.  Was at Raith and alloa not that long ago and flopped.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

It's similar cheap and cheerful version  like Livingston's. Piles of rubber on it that kick up every time the ball bounces  and very slow. I reckon ours is still better even though it's years older.Megginson bounced about the lower leagues for a good while now. Hasn't done much at a higher level though.  Was at Raith and alloa not that long ago and flopped.

He’s scored 5 in 4 games in this division and is the leading goal scorer so far.
He scored 24 in 25 last season in League 2.
I wouldn’t compare his recent stats with 2015 stats with Raith or Alloa.
He will be a threat.....

35 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's similar cheap and cheerful version  like Livingston's. Piles of rubber on it that kick up every time the ball bounces  and very slow. I reckon ours is still better even though it's years older. Megginson bounced about the lower leagues for a good while now. Hasn't done much at a higher level though.  Was at Raith and alloa not that long ago and flopped.

Err, we're a lower league team.

He might score against us, he might not. But to discount him is nonsense.

33 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

He’s scored 5 in 4 games in this division and is the leading goal scorer so far.
He scored 24 in 25 last season in League 2.
I wouldn’t compare his recent stats with 2015 stats with Raith or Alloa.
He will be a threat.....

He was also the top scorer for us in the Championship the year before he went to Raith. A couple of apparent "flops" don't always mean the player is bad. He's capable at this level for sure.

20 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Err, we're a lower league team.

He might score against us, he might not. But to discount him is nonsense.

Christ you'd think he was Pele the way some folk are talking. If we're frightened of Mitch megginson we really are in trouble. He's no dobbie or coyle or that kind of standard.  It's up to us to ensure these kind of players don't get the easy chances they get every week in league 2.

20 hours ago, The Moonster said:

He was also the top scorer for us in the Championship the year before he went to Raith. A couple of apparent "flops" don't always mean the player is bad. He's capable at this level for sure.

13 goals in 50 odd games is hardly setting the heather on fire.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

13 goals in 50 odd games is hardly setting the heather on fire.

He never played as a striker for us. Played for 2 seasons and scored (I think) 13 in his second season from right wing. He's averaging just under a goal a game since joining Cove (124 goals in 129 games if wiki is right). Nobody is saying he's as good as Pele or even Dobbie but it's obvious he's Cove's danger man and Falkirk need to pay him attention, which is what your fellow fans were saying.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

He never played as a striker for us. Played for 2 seasons and scored (I think) 13 in his second season from right wing. He's averaging just under a goal a game since joining Cove (124 goals in 129 games if wiki is right). Nobody is saying he's as good as Pele or even Dobbie but it's obvious he's Cove's danger man and Falkirk need to pay him attention, which is what your fellow fans were saying.

Yes and all I said was there was noone in their squad that really stands out or we should be frightened of.  I stand by that. That doesn't mean that if we don't perform we won't get beat. 

Yes and all I said was there was noone in their squad that really stands out or we should be frightened of.  I stand by that. That doesn't mean that if we don't perform we won't get beat. 

Well if the top goalscorer in the division this season does not standout, frankly no one does.....

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Well if the top goalscorer in the division this season does not standout, frankly no one does.....

TBF they have played an East Fife team who are a shadow of last seasons, two other teams who will be fighting relegation and Partick who are all over the place.

It's an impressive start, points now in a short season is key but the next few weeks playing clubs who will be going for play offs top end will show what they are made of.

I'd love Miller to get on tomorrow and score....

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

We've played a handful of games for goodness sake.😂😂 Funnily enough against the 3 half decent sides they've played this season he's scored feck all.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Be interesting to see if Cove are actually any good or are just riding the wave of previous seasons form as some promoted sides tend to do before normalising.
Hopefully it's the latter and tomorrow starts Hartley's descent back to the Highland league and as far away from Falkirk as possible.
Hopefully we've made the change now and Kelly starts at LB. No idea if Dixon is a good CB but it'd be difficult to be less convincing than whichever one he replaces.