Return of the Tramp

Fraser fyvie.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] The fact he signed for dross like cove when he was what 25 tells you all about him.

Tbf he’s spot on. Regardless of what age he was when he signed for Cove or if you think he’s shite or not he still had won the FA and Scottish Cups at 23. Some achievement imo.

Different sport but Pat Summerall and John Madden were the real perfect team. Summerall letting the picture tell the story will little to say and Madden the manic knowledgeable ex Coach. Summerall was the best

That’s why in us sports they call the co comms the colour, he’s there to add something different, the commentator describes the action, the “colour” man adds to the detail.

It’s effectively a straight man/funny man comedy duo.

23 minutes ago, Russ said:

Tbf he’s spot on. Regardless of what age he was when he signed for Cove or if you think he’s shite or not he still had won the FA and Scottish Cups at 23. Some achievement imo.

He never kicked a ball in the fa cup final. Hardly kicked a ball for Wigan full stop. Was feck all to do with him Wigan winning that final he was just very lucky to be a Wigan player at that time.😂😂😂

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Regarding all the talk about Sammy's commentary; we need to remember he's just a fan with a mic. As far as I know he's never been to commentary school or anything like that, has he?

I agree he needs to temper it a bit and, if he was to listen to a re-run, he may try to keep a lid on a wee bit. TBH though, if Sammy wasn't as enthusiastic as he is I'd be worried about him!

20 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Regarding all the talk about Sammy's commentary; we need to remember he's just a fan with a mic. As far as I know he's never been to commentary school or anything like that, has he?

I agree he needs to temper it a bit and, if he was to listen to a re-run, he may try to keep a lid on a wee bit. TBH though, if Sammy wasn't as enthusiastic as he is I'd be worried about him!

I'd agree with this and would also say he was more comfortable and insightful versus the week before. I'd rather have someone like that having to rein it a bit rather than a non entity faking enthusiasm. 

3 hours ago, matthew1876 said:

Aye, but there’s a difference between being neutral and being unbearable. A bit of biased is to be expected, but not to the level that we’ve seen over the past couple of home games.

Why does Falkirk TV need to be neutral ?

The only thing that will sway away fans purchasing our PPV is the cost and not bias commentary.

I honestly couldn't give a fuk if an opposing team made us sing their club song to access their  PPV....I'd still do it as it's their product not ours.

You step up a league and another and it's very bias commentary for each club,a lot of the teams in this league are just happy to be here, probably why the commentary for others so far are beige.

3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Best commentary this season has been the Patrick Thistle guys.

Favoured their team without over doing it and described the play well.

It was so dry and sweetie wife.....

Very much like our main guy pre today.

It was very pleasing to hear Lewis back in the hot seat today,yes I've heard Lewis be OTT over some decisions not given of which I disagreed but like the opinions on commentary, it's personal opinion .

I'd rather have Sammy over Joe, sorry Sam but dad talk and on the edge of your seat stuff.

The co-commentary x-factor has only just begun tho, I am sure the club said there will be different co commentators over the season.

Liked the way we saw out the game. In the past we have got in front then went backs tother wall and fell back. Today we kept our shape and with a bit more luck could have increased the lead. Against Thistle we even got back into the game after going behind. It appears to me that we have a good team spirit going and hope it continues

I think the Lewis/ Sammy combo works quite well. Sammy seems to have a good knowledge of the game from a playing perspective, and can chat about it at length which is a good thing at this level where there's quite often hee-haw happening on the park. I do think the last 10 minutes from him was a bit OTT though 

As suspected, that first half goal was at least half a yard onside and never even looked offside. That far side linesman was fucking honking all game, second half he must’ve flagged for offside about 10 times against cove. Wonder how many of them were miles onside too 

As suspected, that first half goal was at least half a yard onside and never even looked offside. That far side linesman was fucking honking all game, second half he must’ve flagged for offside about 10 times against cove. Wonder how many of them were miles onside too 

Just watched that back, there’s a cove boy closer to the camera that’s playing Morrison on by about 2 yards. At least he was consistent, some of the cove offsides in the second half looked a bit dodgy.