Return of the Tramp

There's a feckin volume button. If the commentary annoys you then turn it down. I'm sure most people seem to manage to go to a game without some punter talking you through it so no reason you can't do it at home. Geez we get a good 3 points and folk are bleating about the feckin commentary. Typical Falkirk.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There's a feckin volume button. If the commentary annoys you then turn it down. I'm sure most people seem to manage to go to a game without some punter talking you through it so no reason you can't do it at home. Geez we get a good 3 points and folk are bleating about the feckin commentary. Typical Falkirk.

One of commentators was level headed, knowledgeable and easy to listen to, even for the neutral or opposition fans. The other guy was a difficult listen, very anxious and didn't even know which Falkirk player made the challenge/had the shot etc. Your right can always mute. 

Our commentator is dry and not the best to listen to. Guess we shouldn't expect champions League quality on a shoestring budget.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Just checking in to see if you are ok?…

One thing I'd say across all the commentary teams I've heard is that they seem compelled to talk non stop for every second of the game rather than letting there be some silence at points. I'd get it if it was a radio broadcast but some dead air is fine when you've got the pictures.

34 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Sammy was OTT last 15 mins but my point is I don’t expect neutral commentary when I tune into a clubs own broadcasting channel....

I didn't mind that, just getting as nervous as I was and not pretending to hide it.

17 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

One of commentators was level headed, knowledgeable and easy to listen to, even for the neutral or opposition fans. The other guy was a difficult listen, very anxious and didn't even know which Falkirk player made the challenge/had the shot etc. Your right can always mute. 

Our commentator is dry and not the best to listen to. Guess we shouldn't expect champions League quality on a shoestring budget.

That boy has done more in the game than any cove player that's for sure.

29 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Heads gone.

One thing I'd say across all the commentary teams I've heard is that they seem compelled to talk non stop for every second of the game rather than letting there be some silence at points. I'd get it if it was a radio broadcast but some dead air is fine when you've got the pictures.

Different sport but Pat Summerall and John Madden were the real perfect team. Summerall letting the picture tell the story will little to say and Madden the manic knowledgeable ex Coach. Summerall was the best

I love Sammy McGivern as much as the next guy, I’m more than happy with his biased commentary and he’s a huge upgrade on big Joe. But can we please stop pretending he is Mr Falkirk? The guy hardly knows who any of the players are 😂

More importantly get it right up Paul Hartley. Delighted for big Lee tonight 🙌🏻

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Cricket used to be excellent for commentators too especially radio 4.  Now no matter what sport it is unfortunately being a decent commentator or host  seems to be the least important factor.

You get thrown in jail just for saying you’re English nowadays too 

12 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

He's done more than Fraser Fyvie with his Scottish Cup and FA Cup winners medals? Fair play to him if so.

Fraser fyvie.😂😂😂😂 The fact he signed for dross like cove when he was what 25 tells you all about him.

Edited by Shadwell Dog