Return of the Tramp

Be interesting to see if Cove are actually any good or are just riding the wave of previous seasons form as some promoted sides tend to do before normalising.
Hopefully it's the latter and tomorrow starts Hartley's descent back to the Highland league and as far away from Falkirk as possible.
Hopefully we've made the change now and Kelly starts at LB. No idea if Dixon is a good CB but it'd be difficult to be less convincing than whichever one he replaces.
Dixon is the type of player who can get the best, such as it is, out of Durnan by being level headed, experienced and more of a leader. In that regard he has to improve our defence.

On 19/11/2020 at 14:30, Shadwell Dog said:

Their a tough outfit at home where anyone will find it difficult with the terrible surface and wind blowing a gale. I'd expect us to have the beating of them down here though.   Looking at their squad there's not really anyone that stands out and even McAllister looked totally done when we pumped Peterhead down here last season. 

There are a few Cove players who are very talented and you might not know much about.

Blair Yule (formerly at Arbroath), Connor Scully and an outstanding left back called Harry Milne. Harry had the better of Martin Boyle against Hibs in the Betfred game. He's pacey, really strong in the tackle and can bomb up the wing.

We also have Fraser Fyvie who returned last week for the first time this season.

Mitch has been outstanding since joining Cove and each season he's been improving. He's quick, agile and a deadly finisher. 

Rory scored the winner against Partick and one against  Forfar but he shouldn't get in our starting XI. I hope we play Semple or Seb Ross in the number 10 role instead of going two up top.

We normally play from the back and have good passing and movement.

Falkirk will be a tough test but looking forward to it. Apart from the Hibs game we haven't been at our best so far this season. We miss Declan Glass from last season, no doubt about that.

A win will be big for either team

Edited by CoveRangers1922

There are a few Cove players who are very talented and you might not know much about.
Blair Yule (formerly at Arbroath), Connor Scully and an outstanding left back called Harry Milne. Harry had the better of Martin Boyle against Hibs in the Betfred game. He's pacey, really strong in the tackle and can bomb up the wing.
We also have Fraser Fyvie who returned last week for the first time this season.
Mitch has been outstanding since joining Cove and each season he's been improving. He's quick, agile and a deadly finisher. 
Rory scored the winner against Partick and one against in Forfar but he shouldn't get in our starting XI. I hope we play Semple or Seb Ross in the number 10 role instead of going two up top.
 We normally play from the back and have good passing and movement.
Falkirk will be a tough test but looking forward to it. Apart from the Hibs game we haven't been at our best so far this season. We miss Declan Glass from last season, no doubt about that.
A win will be big for either team

Fyvie? You mean Youtha Joyce ? IMG_2296.jpg

Christ Fyvie. Saw him when he first broke through at Aberdeen. He looked like a proper gold plated prospect. He was always looking to make a forward pass. In his first few games, he looked much better than Calum McGregor did in his first games at Celtic. For whatever reason, the guy has been on the slippery slope ever since, and any comparison to McGregor now would be laughable.

Aberdeen have a great track record of bringing quality young players into their side, and turning them into dug shite.

Be interesting to see if Cove are actually any good or are just riding the wave of previous seasons form as some promoted sides tend to do before normalising.
Hopefully it's the latter and tomorrow starts Hartley's descent back to the Highland league and as far away from Falkirk as possible.
Hopefully we've made the change now and Kelly starts at LB. No idea if Dixon is a good CB but it'd be difficult to be less convincing than whichever one he replaces.

Bookies pretty much make them joint favourites with ourselves for the title, so we shouldn’t write them off...

20 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Christ Fyvie. Saw him when he first broke through at Aberdeen. He looked like a proper gold plated prospect. He was always looking to make a forward pass. In his first few games, he looked much better than Calum McGregor did in his first games at Celtic. For whatever reason, the guy has been on the slippery slope ever since, and any comparison to McGregor now would be laughable.

Aberdeen have a great track record of bringing quality young players into their side, and turning them into dug shite.

At least one horrible injury involved there though.

3 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

There budget should have them in 3rd place I would think so I would think anything less than that would be an under achievement by the tramp. Like most past Highland league sides Cove are a big physical side so we'll need to match that first of all to get the result.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

13 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Never seen the game but heard their victory against Partick was very smash and grab and against the run of play. 

Anyone who seen what Hartley did at Falkirk should've been enough to make sure his next job was as a window cleaner! Nepotism is good for some folk. As for today as long as M&M put the attacking heads on we should be fine. Partick looked ordinary at best when we went at them unfortunately we have this 1 up lets hang on attitude (or a draw will do like at kirkcaldy last season) instead of killing teams off we could be beating!

I think I'd have Keena as a sub today. If we are needing a goal with 20 minutes to go I'd rather have the option if bringing him on rather than having to take him off due to a lack of match sharpness. 

Difficult decisions in the midfield. I'd have Miller at right back so the question is then whether you start Gomis to give you a bit more bite, or go for as much creativity as possible with something like Todd/Alston.

I think I would go with 

Mutch

Miller Durnan Dixon Kelly

Leitch Alston Gomis Morrison 

Sammon Dowds

Fancy us today. The players and management should be right up for it.

If Lee Miller scores and does an Adebayor-esque celebration in front of the greasy chubster I will be banging down the door of the Maniqui.

Edited by Marshmallo

11 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Hopefully better than I had evidently 🤗

Trying to keep Morrison a secret from the legions of Cove fans on here

Can't move for Cove fans on here! Seen highlights of the Falkirk games this season on YouTube and Morrison is clearly a talent for L1. Our full backs, Milne (LB) and Yule (RB) who sometimes plays in midfield are top notch too so the wide areas will be interesting to watch.

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think he’s got a job in Aberdeenshire that he’s not keen to give up if I remember correctly....

Mitch has a job with Xeretec who are owned by former Cove manager and now director John Sheran. Must be on a decent package from football and work.

Think he's 27 now and in the prime of his career. Would take a lucrative package to lure him away I reckon. 

Falkirk not exactly short for attacking options though!

Edited by CoveRangers1922

I think I'd have Keena as a sub today. If we are needing a goal with 20 minutes to go I'd rather have the option if bringing him on rather than having to take him off due to a lack of match sharpness. 
Difficult decisions in the midfield. I'd have Miller at right back so the question is then whether you start Gomis to give you a bit more bite, or go for as much creativity as possible with something like Todd/Alston.
I think I would go with 
Mutch
Miller Durnan Dixon Kelly
Leitch Alston Gomis Morrison 
Sammon Dowds

Fancy us today. The players and management should be right up for it.
If Lee Miller scores and does an Adebayor-esque celebration in front of the greasy chubster I will be banging down the door of the Maniqui.

So close