Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HibeeJibee

Lowland in the Scottish Cup 2020-21

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Huntly v Cumbernauld sounding hopeful.
 

 

... yet postponed, and now Saturday.

Bonnyrigg-Bo'ness now Friday at Spartans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Bonnyrigg Rose v the BU's is ON . Game being played at New Douglas Park which is a surprise.

No idea how Ainslie Park couldn't be made playable but NDP is between a grass pitch in the temps we've beeen having, never mind one with a slope like theirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No idea how Ainslie Park couldn't be made playable but NDP is between a grass pitch in the temps we've beeen having, never mind one with a slope like theirs.
Bonnyrigg just pick and choose what home games they want to play. Usually depends on injuries ans suspensions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:
3 hours ago, bigwullieac said:
No idea how Ainslie Park couldn't be made playable but NDP is between a grass pitch in the temps we've beeen having, never mind one with a slope like theirs.

Bonnyrigg just pick and choose what home games they want to play. Usually depends on injuries ans suspensions

Maybe depending on their referee being available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Game being played at New Douglas Park which is a surprise.

Yeah too right, Hamilton is a bit of a trek for both teams... 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Suppose we have to credit the club in getting a game on,  any hope of it being streamed, shown live etc ? 

It was supposed to be Ainslie Park but that was unplayable so remarkably New Dundas Park Bonnyrigg was found to be playable this morning and the match was switched to this afternoon with very limited notice. 

Having no fans in has its perks I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently they are trying again on Wednesday, but considering it's not to be above 2 degrees there for the new few days that may be optimistic. How long now until they are forced to try it somewhere else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/01/2021 at 23:02, AlansHotBath said:

Apparently they are trying again on Wednesday, but considering it's not to be above 2 degrees there for the new few days that may be optimistic. How long now until they are forced to try it somewhere else?

It's being played at Cove now tomorrow. Colts allegedly wanted it switched to Cumbernauld, but declined earlier switches to Lossie/Cove. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

It's being played at Cove now tomorrow. Colts allegedly wanted it switched to Cumbernauld, but declined earlier switches to Lossie/Cove. 

I would also rather not travel to Huntly midweek, tbf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

I would also rather not travel to Huntly midweek, tbf

So it's fine for Huntly to travel to Cumbernauld midweek, then when they're the home team? This is how the cup works, all the clubs know this before the draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cyclizine said:

So it's fine for Huntly to travel to Cumbernauld midweek, then when they're the home team? This is how the cup works, all the clubs know this before the draw.

I think its more of a back and forth between the clubs. Going by Huntly's own update the failed pitch inspection on Sunday was the game on Monday, with the next attempt being Wednesday.

So at what point were they offering Cove on Monday, and Lossiemouth on Tuesday?  The Cumbernauld Colts offer seems to be for the Wednesay date to be kept since Huntly had yet to offer an alternative venue for it with Huntly's home ground still in doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think its more of a back and forth between the clubs. Going by Huntly's own update the failed pitch inspection on Sunday was the game on Monday, with the next attempt being Wednesday.

So at what point were they offering Cove on Monday, and Lossiemouth on Tuesday?  The Cumbernauld Colts offer seems to be for the Wednesay date to be kept since Huntly had yet to offer an alternative venue for it with Huntly's home ground still in doubt.

I don't know the ins and outs, just the rumours on FM. I'm sure there's more to it, as you say.

Anyway, I don't thing reversing to Cumbernauld should ever be on the cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I don't know the ins and outs, just the rumours on FM. I'm sure there's more to it, as you say.

Anyway, I don't thing reversing to Cumbernauld should ever be on the cards.

I think they were just offering the cheap option from their point of view since it wouldn't cost them anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Anyway, I don't thing reversing to Cumbernauld should ever be on the cards.

Reversing the fixture must always be on the cards, especially if the other team are fannying about trying to get a suitable venue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

So it's fine for Huntly to travel to Cumbernauld midweek, then when they're the home team? This is how the cup works, all the clubs know this before the draw.

My point was that if I was involved with Cumbernauld and was having to go to that game I would rather it was switched

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have thought Forfar or Montrose would have been a suitable compromise for both clubs, depending on climatic conditions in Angus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...