Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HibeeJibee

Lowland in the Scottish Cup 2020-21

Recommended Posts

Huntly P-P Cumbernauld.

Now on Wednesday, cancelling Cumbernauld v EK.


Further attempts would be Saturday 2nd, Monday 4th and Wednesday 6th (cancelling Dalbeattie v Cumbernauld).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad day for LL as only Kelty progress to join winner of Bonnyrigg-Bo'ness in R2. Cumbernauld may yet also feature.

Gala alone count themself fairly unlucky.


Albion Rovers 0-3 Buckie
Berwick 0-3 Stirling Albion
Bonnyrigg P-P Bo'ness
Brechin 2-3 Linlithgow
Camelon A-A Brora (abandoned 0-0 at HT)
Cowdenbeath 2-0 Wick
Edinburgh City 3-1 Caledonian Braves
Elgin 4-0 Civil SS
Gala 1-2 Annan
Haddington 1-2 Formartine
Huntly P-P Cumbernauld
Keith 4-2 Hill of Beath     (aet - FT 2-2)
Kelty 2-1 Jeanfield
LTHV 0-3 Banks o'Dee
Nairn 0-0 Broxburn     (aet - 4-3p)
Rothes 1-3 Fraserburgh
Stenhousemuir 4-1 Preston
Stranraer 5-0 Spartans
Tranent 4-1 East Stirlingshire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Bad day for LL as only Kelty progress to join winner of Bonnyrigg-Bo'ness in R2. Cumbernauld may yet also feature.

Gala alone count themself fairly unlucky.


Albion Rovers 0-3 Buckie
Berwick 0-3 Stirling Albion
Bonnyrigg P-P Bo'ness
Brechin 2-3 Linlithgow
Camelon A-A Brora (abandoned 0-0 at HT)
Cowdenbeath 2-0 Wick
Edinburgh City 3-1 Caledonian Braves
Elgin 4-0 Civil SS
Gala 1-2 Annan
Haddington 1-2 Formartine
Huntly P-P Cumbernauld
Keith 4-2 Hill of Beath     (aet - FT 2-2)
Kelty 2-1 Jeanfield
LTHV 0-3 Banks o'Dee
Nairn 0-0 Broxburn     (aet - 4-3p)
Rothes 1-3 Fraserburgh
Stenhousemuir 4-1 Preston
Stranraer 5-0 Spartans
Tranent 4-1 East Stirlingshire

Tough losses for Broxburn and HoB. 

Brutal trips for Broxburn, HoB, Brora, Buckie and Wick.

Whose bright idea was it to have Scottish Cup on Boxing day instead of local derbies...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R2 draw:

Championship (10)
Alloa Athletic, Arbroath, Ayr United, Dundee, Dunfermline Athletic, Greenock Morton, Heart of Midlothian, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Queen of the South, Raith Rovers


SPFL1 (10)

Airdrieonians, Clyde, Cove Rangers, Dumbarton, East Fife, Falkirk, Forfar Athletic, Montrose, Partick Thistle, Peterhead

SPFL2 (7)

Annan Athletic, Cowdenbeath, Edinburgh City, Elgin City, Stenhousemuir, Stirling Albion, Stranraer

Lowland (2)
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic/Bo’ness United, Kelty Hearts


Highland (5)
Buckie Thistle, Formartine United, Fraserburgh, Keith, Nairn County


East of Scotland Premier (2)
Linlithgow Rose, Tranent


Junior (1)
Banks o’Dee


tbc (3)
EOS Prem/SPFL2 (1) – Dundonald Bluebell/Queen’s Park
Highland/Lowland (1) – Huntly/Cumbernauld Colts
EOS Prem/Highland (1) – Camelon/Brora Rangers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only saw the first half between Edinburgh City and Caledonian Braves but they didn't look too bad a team and scored a good goal, capitalising on a defensive mistake early on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelty Hearts v Stranraer
Dundee v Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic/Bo'ness United
Dumbarton v Huntly/Cumbernauld Colts


Some very tasty ties here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Kelty Hearts v Stranraer
Dundee v Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic/Bo'ness United
Dumbarton v Huntly/Cumbernauld Colts


Some very tasty ties here.

I'd like to think that people will take notice and retain the format for future competitions. Some of the games in this draw are a breath of fresh air for everyone (SPFL teams tired of the same old faces/non-league going against the national leagues). It would have been all the better had fans been able to attend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Dumbarton v Huntly/Cumbernauld Colts

Anyone know the standard of Huntly/Cumbernauld Colts? Going by league positions so far/last season, neither look particularly great?

A lot of our older fans have the fear about Huntly after 1992.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Anyone know the standard of Huntly/Cumbernauld Colts? Going by league positions so far/last season, neither look particularly great?

A lot of our older fans have the fear about Huntly after 1992.

Mid-tablers.

You'll be overwhelming favourites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

Mid-tablers.

You'll be overwhelming favourites.

Cheers. That's what I expected but you can never be sure with Dumbarton FC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonnyrigg v Bo'ness off again tonight.

They will try once again on Friday or Saturday.

So looks like the New Year Day league games 'Shire v Bo'ness and Bonnyrigg v Kelty are off, which will disappoint many, unless perhaps 'Shire v Kelty is substituted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Bonnyrigg v Bo'ness off again tonight.

They will try once again on Friday or Saturday.

So looks like the New Year Day league games 'Shire v Bo'ness and Bonnyrigg v Kelty are off, which will disappoint many, unless perhaps 'Shire v Kelty is substituted.

Bonnyrigg are due to play Bo’ness on Monday, that might get canned too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The league game has already been switched to Tuesday night, hopefully a venue can be sourced for Fri/Sat if New Dundas is still out of action and won't affect the league fixture.

Bonnyrigg are due to play Bo’ness on Monday, that might get canned too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On paper it should try again this weekend: but Bonnyrigg v Kelty and East Stirlingshire v Bo'ness are due in league on New Year's Day (Friday) while by chance Bo'ness v Bonnyrigg is due in league on Tuesday. So if it's moved elsewhere it could cause less disruption if they tried again on Monday/Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...