Lowland in the Scottish Cup 2020-21

HibeeJibee

5 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Bonnyrigg Rose v the BU's is ON . Game being played at New Douglas Park which is a surprise.

No idea how Ainslie Park couldn't be made playable but NDP is between a grass pitch in the temps we've beeen having, never mind one with a slope like theirs.

22 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:
3 hours ago, bigwullieac said:
No idea how Ainslie Park couldn't be made playable but NDP is between a grass pitch in the temps we've beeen having, never mind one with a slope like theirs.

Bonnyrigg just pick and choose what home games they want to play. Usually depends on injuries ans suspensions

Maybe depending on their referee being available. 

27 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Suppose we have to credit the club in getting a game on,  any hope of it being streamed, shown live etc ? 

It was supposed to be Ainslie Park but that was unplayable so remarkably New Dundas Park Bonnyrigg was found to be playable this morning and the match was switched to this afternoon with very limited notice. 

Having no fans in has its perks I suppose. 

On 03/01/2021 at 23:02, AlansHotBath said:

Apparently they are trying again on Wednesday, but considering it's not to be above 2 degrees there for the new few days that may be optimistic. How long now until they are forced to try it somewhere else?

It's being played at Cove now tomorrow. Colts allegedly wanted it switched to Cumbernauld, but declined earlier switches to Lossie/Cove. 

3 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

I would also rather not travel to Huntly midweek, tbf

So it's fine for Huntly to travel to Cumbernauld midweek, then when they're the home team? This is how the cup works, all the clubs know this before the draw.

Just now, Cyclizine said:

So it's fine for Huntly to travel to Cumbernauld midweek, then when they're the home team? This is how the cup works, all the clubs know this before the draw.

I think its more of a back and forth between the clubs. Going by Huntly's own update the failed pitch inspection on Sunday was the game on Monday, with the next attempt being Wednesday.

So at what point were they offering Cove on Monday, and Lossiemouth on Tuesday?  The Cumbernauld Colts offer seems to be for the Wednesay date to be kept since Huntly had yet to offer an alternative venue for it with Huntly's home ground still in doubt.

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think its more of a back and forth between the clubs. Going by Huntly's own update the failed pitch inspection on Sunday was the game on Monday, with the next attempt being Wednesday.

So at what point were they offering Cove on Monday, and Lossiemouth on Tuesday?  The Cumbernauld Colts offer seems to be for the Wednesay date to be kept since Huntly had yet to offer an alternative venue for it with Huntly's home ground still in doubt.

I don't know the ins and outs, just the rumours on FM. I'm sure there's more to it, as you say.

Anyway, I don't thing reversing to Cumbernauld should ever be on the cards.

9 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I don't know the ins and outs, just the rumours on FM. I'm sure there's more to it, as you say.

I think they were just offering the cheap option from their point of view since it wouldn't cost them anything.

44 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Reversing the fixture must always be on the cards, especially if the other team are fannying about trying to get a suitable venue.

1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

My point was that if I was involved with Cumbernauld and was having to go to that game I would rather it was switched