What will you miss about Coronavirus?

Seeing as I'm now back to work in an office and have to dress like I'm not a jakey, I now have to wear smart work trousers. The last few months I've been wearing jogging bottoms in the house with an elastic band and no zip.

After pishing, you put your toby away over the top of the band and way you go.  No zipping required. After a good shake of course, using the Eric from Still Game technique.

Of course, I've gotten so used to this I constantly find myself putting my toby away at work after a pish and forgetting to zip up, so end up remembering halfway back to my desk and having to disguise the zip up.

So I guess my brain will miss wearing joggers all the time.

Being able to leave an evening talk/lecture after 15 mins when you realise that it's duller than expected. Can't do that at a venue unless you want to be on a par with Hitler.

Being able to be antisocial for a week on occasion without the guilt.

Getting an offshore cabin to yourself even if you're on day shift.

Getting out of an unwanted conversation when somebody wants to enter an office that has a max person limit.

Reducing the frequency of house cleaning because nobody's visiting.

Not having to go to client offices, hence avoiding the wearing of giant stupid f***ing badges on a lanyard.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I still do a nightly clap for Timpsons.

That's roughly the 17846788 time I have heard that 'joke' 

Meant in person also: when you're actually doing your job. "Thanks for everything during these times" and "Hopefully they give you a pay rise" will soon be replaced with the usual abuse and threatening behaviour. Yay!

15 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

That's roughly the 17846788 time I have heard that 'joke' 

Meant in person also: when you're actually doing your job. "Thanks for everything during these times" and "Hopefully they give you a pay rise" will soon be replaced with the usual abuse and threatening behaviour. Yay!

Tough audience....

essentials-workers-jokes-211-5e99b6d7000

18 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

My favourite aspect of this pandemic, is that it’s the perfect cover for me being an unsociable p***k. I’ll need to revert back to the old fashioned, but infinitely less well received, “because I don’t want to” excuse.

This is me. 

I fully appreciate that Covid has been an absolute hell for some folks MH. 

However, it's allowed me to avoid in laws 50th anniversary get together, a family wedding, going into the office and best of all - just me, Mrs and kids for Christmas.

Quite frankly, I've had a good lock down. 

8 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

That month or two when there really was practically nobody going outside and the streets were dead but everyone was out and about on walks etc really was nice, if you could separate it from the genuine fear everyone was feeling, and the sensation of the world just completely falling apart. 

There's a motorway overpass near my house I would walk to occasionally and be able to see miles in either direction with zero vehicles. That was quite special, and something I suspect I'll never see again. 

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/188_trading_post 20 years time, my friend.

22 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

That month or two when there really was practically nobody going outside and the streets were dead but everyone was out and about on walks etc really was nice, if you could separate it from the genuine fear everyone was feeling, and the sensation of the world just completely falling apart. 

There's a motorway overpass near my house I would walk to occasionally and be able to see miles in either direction with zero vehicles. That was quite special, and something I suspect I'll never see again. 

Don't be negative. We have the No Deal Brexit to look forward to in New Year. Nobody will be able to afford petrol

I’ll miss being able to use COVID as in excuse for not attending family gatherings. Looking forward to spending a Christmas Day in the house and not have to chat to arsehole Uncles & Aunties. 
I’m back working now but I definitely miss furlough in some ways. I actually enjoy my job and couldn’t wait to get back, but being able to spend 4 months of the year on the golf course/having a bevy/playing the PlayStation on company time and full pay was pretty special. Especially when the weather was great for the most part. 

The economic fall out which has left me being hammered with 12-14 hour shifts that are slowly killing me while half the country is on money for nothing and telling me I should be grateful to have a secure job.

4 hours ago, Ross. said:

The economic fall out which has left me being hammered with 12-14 hour shifts that are slowly killing me while half the country is on money for nothing and telling me I should be grateful to have a secure job.

I envy those who have used it as an extended break and skive from work whilst still getting paid, I truly do.

As I'm working directly in the credit management and collection of invoices directly linked to the supply of covid kits and testing machines to both the Government and their associated lighthouse labs, not to mention private third party companies who have taken on Government overspill and vaccine developers like Johnson&Johnson, Oxford Uni, LumiraDX and GSK, my own workload has literally trebled in the last 9 months. I'd love a day of sitting waiting on work to come my way...I've never had work to seek even in the best of times but it has become a fucking pile on since Covid as everyone wants more and more.

I'll miss being in the comfort of my own home to work, I don't like getting up and dragging myself into the office and I'm genuinely more productive in my own environment, but I certainly won't miss the constant stress, supplier demands, sales demands and pleading for higher lines of credit that comes with this pandemic. My partner tells me regularly she's concerned about me as she can see I'm mentally fried. Any time I do take off, it just leaves a big fucking bottle neck at the other side. This has always been the case when taking 2 and a half weeks but we're now talking having to play catch up after taking 2 days off.

Yet like you, my job is as safe as houses. Proven to be completely pandemic proof. Blessing and a curse.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Why didn't they hire more staff? They clearly need to and can afford to.

Like most employers they will make do with what they have,my work will be chaos this christmas we normally take on 50 helpers for 6 weeks but this year they cannot make drivers take helpers and i have said no.

Getting called a VL with a ficticious wife and kids by questioning why folk simply have to go to the shops in pairs (so that one of them can sit in the car) at a time we're all being told to leave the house as little as possible