The 2024 Presidential Election

Ludo*1

Thought it'd be interesting to post up the next election well in advance so that in 4 year time we can look at this thread and laugh at some of the ridiculous shouts. The New York Times are currently touting the following as the main Republican candidates for 2024:

Donald Trump

Ivanka Trump

Don Trump Jr

Nikki Haley

Tucker Carlson (That's right, the Fox News host)

Ted Cruz

Ross De Santis

I'm posting the names as undoubtedly over the years that article will eventually be erased but here it is: https://nypost.com/2020/11/07/heres-who-could-be-the-republican-presidential-candidate-in-2024/

Will Biden last the full term? Will he run again? Will he still be alive? Will Trump be alive? Lots to speculate on!

51 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

To paraphrase John Oliver, that “dwindling” is doing a lot of heavy lifting. 

Personally, I’m looking forward to a more cohesive, measured and organised campaign from Kanye in 2024. 

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Kanye West & Elon Musk as the Republican ticket, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson & Mick Foley for the Dems.

The UK has Celebrity dancing on Ice, America elect a celebrity to run I.C.E

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

...2) Does anyone really believe that Ivanka or Don Jr. would actually appeal as candidates?...

No chance whatsoever. By the time the current shenanigans end Trump and his use of Twitter will be viewed the way the Dems view a Jimmy Carter fireside chat telling the voters truths they don't want to hear. Never to be repeated. It will probably be some governor we have never heard of, who can secure an important swing state or appeal to part of the Democrats electoral coalition. 

The demographics of the US electorate are shifting in a way that favours the Dems, so the path to victory with a MAGA approach is a lot more difficult in 2024 than in 2016 when it only happened very narrowly against the popular vote trend.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2) Does anyone really believe that Ivanka or Don Jr. would actually appeal as candidates?

I think this was the real reason he went to meet Rocketman Kim Jong Un.

"Hey I am wanting to keep the leadership in the family.  How do you manage to do it?"

"Oh it's easy.  Everyone else who might be a threat is taken outside and shot."

"Okay.  Not sure I could do that myself but thanks for letting me know."

1) Odds on Donald remaining in the U.S. beyond February, 2020?

2) Does anyone really believe that Ivanka or Don Jr. would actually appeal as candidates?

3) Will 2020 ever really end?

1) I’ve said before he might end up in Israel particularly if the prosecutors at state level go in hard.

2) No, though I think they both believe it.

3) Yes.  I’m forecasting at midnight on 31 December.

57 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

2) No, though I think they both believe it.

I can see one of them, probably Ivanka, being picked to run as someone’s VP.  My thinking is the presidential candidate will be a more mainstream republican to try and get people who wouldn’t vote for Donald but are Republicans back, but also have Ivanka to keep the racists and QAnon lot on board. 

No chance they win the nomination for actual president though.