Common foods that you hate

8 hours ago, Michael W said:

As a confirmed tomato hater, one thing that's often bugged me is why I am often served a grilled tomato with my steak. It serves no purpose at all and its just there, waiting to be thrown in the bin once the plate goes back. Even people I know that like tomatoes leave the grilled tomato. 

I just eat it first to save it from going to waste and get the crap thing out the road.

19 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I just eat it first to save it from going to waste and get the crap thing out the road.

This is a key question that P&B needs to (maybe already has) answer: with roast dinners, cooked breakfast etc, do people eat "combined forkfulls" or do people eat one item at a time?

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

10 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

This is a key question that P&B needs to (maybe already has) answer: with roast dinners, cooked breakfast etc, do people eat "combined forkfulls" or do people eat one item at a time?

I do both with both. Some things or bits will be eaten individually, others combined. 

16 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I go with the combined forkfull on the breakfast, and most times it'll be one at a time on dinners.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mr Tourette said:

Cucumber. Tastes shit and gives me heartburn

Weird. All my family hate cucumber cos it gives them heartburn & reflux.

Personally I love it. Especially in a Greek salad or on a kebab.

On 09/11/2020 at 14:04, BFTD said:

Surprised there's been no mention of parmesan cheese so far. Literally tastes exactly the same as vomit, to the point that fans of the stuff are unable to pass a blind taste test.

Anyone have certain foods they won't eat for cruelty reasons? I'd never try foie gras, lobster, or veal. I appreciate that animal husbandry is inherently cruel, but when it's all too easy to imagine the food preparation being performed by a cackling trainee serial killer, maybe not.

Babies.

On 09/11/2020 at 14:58, oneteaminglasgow said:

I mean the stringy bits you get on the outside when you peel one.

You're thinking of cheese strings.