Common foods that you hate

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

A really good one, this.  Seeing people eating chicken off the bone gives me the boke.

Legendary P&B Tory curmodgeon Reynard used to tell a story about a mate of his who worked with a Russian who would eat a rotisserie chicken, bones and all, for lunch every day.

Just now, ICTChris said:

Legendary P&B Tory curmodgeon Reynard used to tell a story about a mate of his who worked with a Russian who would eat a rotisserie chicken, bones and all, for lunch every day.

Think I remember reading that on the Work Colleagues thread.

What ever happened to Reynard?

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Think I remember reading that on the Work Colleagues thread.

What ever happened to Reynard?

He got banned I think.  He was on Twitter for a while but seems gone from there too.

Cucumber = mucky water 

generally will eat anything did have a thing about fish, other than breaded haddock from chippy, when I was young but now love almost all seafood, salmon is still a bit hit and miss depending on how it’s done 

I love food 

This is an excellent thread. Amazing how much we vary in our tastes.

I was a very picky eater growing up. On a family holiday, the hotel chef was in the class of Aunt Dahlia's Anatole; but his dishes almost exclusively featured some variant of a tomato-based sauce. Epicurean delight for everyone else; hurling fodder for me. I had a plate of butterbeans for at least 10 evening meals in the fortnight.

When I was 20, I weaned myself onto all kinds of cooked tomato flavour, using my arch-enemy: consistent retch-inducing tomato ketchup. I did it in a very deliberate, militaristic way.

Cooked 6 Iceland basic fishcakes, cut each fishcake into 6 pieces, put brown sauce on 12 pieces from 2 of the fishcakes, then the same with salad cream and ketchup. Made a pot of tea, then just munched my way through them in rotation: brown, salad cream, ketchup, brown, salad cream, ketchup. Got through the plateful, and have never looked back. Now I love cooked-tomato-based dishes, and will routinely cook with them.

Always enjoyed raw tomatoes, and still eat them surreptitiously when I'm supposed to be bringing some in from the greenhouse. So sweet when they're just picked.

Nowadays there's no actual foodstuff that I would balk at, and pretty much none that I don't actively like (at least a bit). From the thread so far, the closest I could come to concurring would be on eggplant aubergine and foie gras.

17 hours ago, gannonball said:

Olives, I have tried to get in tho them but I cant. I hate the taste and texture. 
Also dont get the love for Wasabi, its way too over powering for anything.

Common foods: Wasabi

giphy.gif

For me it's just crustaceans I can't eat. I'd like to like them and make an effort once in a while to see if my tastes have developed to enjoy them but I just can't.

Also, the only food that should ever be breaded is schnitzel and everything else it just makes worse.

Starting to realise how I've ended up such a massive chunker. Apparently everyone else struggles to find enough food that they can actually eat. At worst I'm indifferent to foodstuffs. I used to think I hated cheese, but it turns out it's just the rancid stuff.

A girlfriend's father used to keep a block of some rotting blue/black mess in their fridge. First I knew about it was when he walked in to the kitchen, whipped it out, and started scraping off the fungal growth to drop in to his mouth. Had his 'O' face on while eating it. I don't think he realised I was in the room, and I'd no idea this was something that (some) human beings did, so I had a moment of horror where I thought he might be a pod person stocking up on nutrients.

Do any P&Bers buy food in order to let it putrefy before consumption?

4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Why do people hate bananas and tomatoes so much?

I think George Carlin said something along the lines that tomatoes look like some kind of unformed foetal creature. Sort of saw what he meant after that, but f**k it.

Homophobes think bananas look like willies.

2 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Did we ever find anything that can’t be improved with the addition of cheese? I can’t think of anything 

Penises, so I'm told.

Surprised there's been no mention of parmesan cheese so far. Literally tastes exactly the same as vomit, to the point that fans of the stuff are unable to pass a blind taste test.

Anyone have certain foods they won't eat for cruelty reasons? I'd never try foie gras, lobster, or veal. I appreciate that animal husbandry is inherently cruel, but when it's all too easy to imagine the food preparation being performed by a cackling trainee serial killer, maybe not.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Why do people hate bananas and tomatoes so much?

On bananas, it’s mostly the texture of them which I can’t go. Mushy and stringy at the same time, it’s just repulsive.

And I don’t like the smell.

And they don’t taste good either.

All in all, they’re absolutely shite and not fit for human consumption.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

On bananas, it’s mostly the texture of them which I can’t go. Mushy and stringy at the same time, it’s just repulsive.

And I don’t like the smell.

And they don’t taste good either.

All in all, they’re absolutely shite and not fit for human consumption.

Bananas aren't stringy.