Common foods that you hate

Can you tell folk they are wrong with food?

I dont mean obvious cases like when someone says they prefer steak well done you can just dismiss them instantly, but less obvious ones that we will start to see in this thread.

I know theres personal taste and so on and so forth, but we actually have folk coming on here and saying things like "I dont like cheese" or "I dont like butter".

I just dont know if we can have this sort of thing.

41 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

tomatoes. Especially on a burger or pizza (One exception is sun dried tomatoes which I can tolerate on a pizza at least). edit: beans in that tomato sauce they come in are alright though, and i like ketchup

Don't hate cucumber because its just tasteless, but its not something I ever actively look to eat for that reason.

I don't like tomatoes on their own, but can eat them in sandwiches and such like. I enjoy tomato soup.

Guy I used to work with who I have slated many times on here (loudmouth Brewdog fanny) used to get up on his cross to a fucking bizarre extent about salt. Slagging folk for adding it, and exclaiming how he never adds it, during cooking or otherwise.

This makes him a moron who doesnt understand flavour and lives a life of bland unseasoned and ultimately shite food.

His personal taste was wrong IMO.

See that follows you text.  That means my opinion is superior.  I mean I asked him a question about a recipe I was cooking for my gf and he or someone on his staff replied.

But I like to think there’s been some morning when Gordon’s taking a shite and browsing on Twitter and some stuff about Hibs pops up on his timeline.

24A2C9AB-0876-4D2E-8411-6A957C7539CA.png

Edited by Lofarl

Pretty much all seafood and it really annoys me because there is a whole area of great food cut off for me. I like tuna and fish from a chippy but the rest I've had just gives me the boke. It's just watery salt. Salmon is truly fucking disgusting on my palate.

I keep trying though because I really want to like it. I've got sushi in the past and hated it when it was chilled. I left it in my work bag and took it out at lunchtime when it had got to room temperature and actually enjoyed it. So I'm hopeful I'll eventually like more seafood [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Marzipan.

If it wasn't for the bit about Nutmeg, a computer dating agency would probably match the two of us.

I'll also add coconut, which is Satan's dandruff. Marzipan is Beelzebub's earwax. I haven't yet come up with a Mephistopheles themed metaphor for Cinnamon so suggestions welcome. 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Olives, I have tried to get in tho them but I cant. I hate the taste and texture. 

Green olives, when stuffed with jalapenos and surrounded by ice cold vodka are a thing of beauty. Black olives are the Devil's dangleberries. 

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Can you tell folk they are wrong with food?

Yes. If they have a problem with you doing so, then that's something else they're wrong about.

25 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

I hate tongue, I can't imagine eating something that's been in an animal's mouth.

Should I post a Kenneth Williams picture or a David and Samantha Cameron one? Decisions, decisions.