The Official Farewell to President Donald J Trump Thread

NotThePars

It's undeniably impressive to decide that you want to be President despite having no party support and then eventually achieving it. Loads of richer people have tried and failed. Five years ago the entire Republican Party hated him, now he has them all afraid to say he lost the election.

Whether he's intelligent or not isn't really relevant. He clearly had the ability to automatically assess how to exploit situations to his own gain and has a very rare force of personality. 

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's undeniably impressive to decide that you want to be President despite having no party support and then eventually achieving it. Loads of richer people have tried and failed. Five years ago the entire Republican Party hated him, now he has them all afraid to say he lost the election.

Whether he's intelligent or not isn't really relevant. He clearly had the ability to automatically assess how to exploit situations to his own gain and has a very rare force of personality. 

It is not really that impressive.  The Republican Party itself did not care much for Donald Trump so he targeted their core support, identified their fears and prejudices, amplified them to the nth degree and claimed he was the only one who could do something about it.  The Republican Party are fearful of his support amongst their own voters.

Nigel Farage did the same thing with Conservative voters over here.  Doesn't even have to get himself elected.  He targets their voters, sets them off and sends the Tory Party into panic mode.

Trump is as thick as f**k. He simply been insulated from problems by such enormous wealth that up until now there have been very few situations he couldn't get himself out of without either paying someone off of throwing lawyers at it. The only thing he's really learned politically is how to play his base, who are even thicker than he is. He at least managed to figure out that three word sloguns make nice simple chants for the crowds of shitkickers at his rallies, ie "Lock-her-up", "stop-the-count" etc etc. 
And surrounding himself with sycophants to massage his massive ego.

Trump tricked over his dick and accidentally ended up in the most powerful position on earth. Something that hundreds, if not thousands, of people far more intelligent and singularly dedicated than him have failed to accomplish. Regardless of your opinion of him, it is an undeniably impressive accomplishment. And all the more funny when you think of the people that failed to do it including the woman he beat in 2016.

Getting slightly worried that Trump's big farewell could be a bit more dramatic than we were hoping for. Removing his Secretary of Defence a few weeks before he gets kicked out of the White House, fair enough, but a whole load of resignations, voluntary or not, on the chain of command below is making me a bit paranoid. Why would he bother? He's supposed to be retiring to Mar-e-Lago in a few weeks. A tinfoil hatter might think he has dastardly plans, I don't, he probably just took the opportunity to sack someone on Presidential twitter while he still could. I hope.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/10/pentagon-top-policy-official-resigns-435693  

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I reckon Melania Trump is very unhappy.

She deserves to be.

Some might say congratulations to her if she ditches the cheeto-in-chief (as now seems highly likely). However she didn't have to stick around even before he became president, I know he may have made things hard for her if she tried to leave during his term but she could have got out if she really wanted to. She also could have helped to sway some of his atrocious policies or even try to curb some of the family's behaviour, but nope. She's just as complicit as the rest of them and I hope that when she's got her pound of flesh from him it brings her nothing but emptiness.

20 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Some might say congratulations to her if she ditches the cheeto-in-chief (as now seems highly likely). However she didn't have to stick around even before he became president, I know he may have made things hard for her if she tried to leave during his term but she could have got out if she really wanted to. She also could have helped to sway some of his atrocious policies or even try to curb some of the family's behaviour, but nope. She's just as complicit as the rest of them and I hope that when she's got her pound of flesh from him it brings her nothing but emptiness.

From what I've read , she's waiting until the inauguration ceremony is over before she files for divorce. Also there's the matter of a  No Disclosure Agreement to be sorted out 

21 minutes ago, stanton said:

From what I've read , she's waiting until the inauguration ceremony is over before she files for divorce. Also there's the matter of a  No Disclosure Agreement to be sorted out 

That's what I gather too. Understand that like Marla Marples she's going to have the NDA say that he's not allowed to say anything negative about her publicly once the divorce is finalised which is fair enough given how much he likes to go on about his enemies etc.

Edited by Andy_K_97
wording, idiot etc

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Getting slightly worried that Trump's big farewell could be a bit more dramatic than we were hoping for. Removing his Secretary of Defence a few weeks before he gets kicked out of the White House, fair enough, but a whole load of resignations, voluntary or not, on the chain of command below is making me a bit paranoid. Why would he bother? He's supposed to be retiring to Mar-e-Lago in a few weeks. A tinfoil hatter might think he has dastardly plans, I don't, he probably just took the opportunity to sack someone on Presidential twitter while he still could. I hope.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/10/pentagon-top-policy-official-resigns-435693  

Do you think some kind of coup is in the air? 

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Trump tricked over his dick and accidentally ended up in the most powerful position on earth. Something that hundreds, if not thousands, of people far more intelligent and singularly dedicated than him have failed to accomplish. Regardless of your opinion of him, it is an undeniably impressive accomplishment. And all the more funny when you think of the people that failed to do it including the woman he beat in 2016.

The electoral college is rigged.  The woman he beat actually got more votes but the system worked against her.  The Dakotas (North and South) sends twice as many senators to Washington as California does.  

Why be impressed that a corrupt individual knows how to work a corrupt system.  I am not.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I reckon Melania Trump is very unhappy.

She deserves to be.

Absolutely this. I've seen a few folk post on various platforms that they "hope she's OK" and "he's not been abusing her after the election defeat". Absolute pish. Unless he can do it through lawyers, or Twitter he won't be abusing anyone. It's a transactional marriage and she's little better than he is. Did she not wear a jacket with "I DON'T CARE" printed on the back as a sly reference to the controversy over migrant detention centres? Obvs I wouldn't object their divorce being messy, public and bitter, but it'll be a confidential business deal.