The Official Farewell to President Donald J Trump Thread

NotThePars

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Good point, yeah openly atheist.  Ironically Trump was probably an atheist but they all do the ‘god and country’ shit every five minutes.

FWIW I am an old c**t.

One of the most incongruous aspects of Trump's presidency was when he started paying lip service to religion  :lol:

If he met the Judeo-Christian God, the conversation would absolutely revolve around how he'd have done a better job during those opening six days and wouldn't have taken the seventh day off.

Just now, BFTD said:

One of the most incongruous aspects of Trump's presidency was when he started paying lip service to religion  :lol:

If he met the Judeo-Christian God, the conversation would absolutely revolve around how he'd have done a better job during those opening six days and wouldn't have taken the seventh day off.

“Nobody knows how to create a universe better than Donald Trump.”

14 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

The same people who think Obama is a Muslim, think Trump is a Christian. 

One of the reasons Trump won in 2016 was that many people who felt disenfranchised voted for him, including people who hadn’t voted in years or who had never voted.  It’s difficult to excuse them but maybe easier to understand them falling for the bluff.

In 2020 over 17% more people voted for him than in 2016.  These people knew exactly what they were buying into, they were buying into the overt racism and xenophobia and were willing to ignore everything he had done, including taking such a cavalier approach to the pandemic.

I hope he’s found guilty in the Senate vote and found guilty of state crimes.  Most of all I hope he starts a new political party; it could be the biggest and most positive political contribution he could make.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I look forward to the first atheist President of the USA.

Not sure if it will happen in my lifetime.

.. or the first president who really doesn't like mum's apple pie.  Not going to happen any time soon.

America is far more religious than the UK but anybody wanting to be prime minister has to avoid declaring themselves an atheist if they actually want to win.  That is how bad it is.

"I believe in nonsense - vote for me".

21 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

.. or the first president who really doesn't like mum's apple pie.  Not going to happen any time soon.

America is far more religious than the UK but anybody wanting to be prime minister has to avoid declaring themselves an atheist if they actually want to win.  That is how bad it is.

They know that no atheist would ever use a nuclear bomb.

32 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Don’t see declaring yourself an atheist would be an impairment to becoming PM.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Don’t see declaring yourself an atheist would be an impairment to becoming PM.

I would like to agree but there a bunch of people who liked seeing Margaret Thatcher or Theresa May (or the Queen) going to church and think that is what a leader should do.  Even people who don't go to church themselves.

When Neil Kinnock and Ed Milband declared themselves atheist- that was seen as a step too far.  Bizarrely Norman Tebbit can also declare himself an atheist but for some reason that goes not get challenged.  Don't know why.  Maybe because he is a Tory.  Who knows.