The Official Farewell to President Donald J Trump Thread

NotThePars

This is a brilliant place to see thousands and thousands of his insane ramblings - maybe the most beautiful insane ramblings in history. 

https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Donald_Trump

A few classics:

I'm also honored to have the greatest temperament that anybody has.

• Quoted by Sam Stein (3 November 2016)

In theory I could run my business perfectly, and then run the country perfectly. And there's never been a case like this where somebody's had, like, if you look at other people of wealth, they didn't have this kind of asset and this kind of wealth, frankly. It's just a different thing

This administration is running like a fine-tuned machine.

You know what uranium is, right? It's a thing called nuclear weapons and other things like lots of things are done with uranium including some bad things.

We're thinking about building the wall as a solar wall, so it creates energy, and pays for itself. And this way Mexico will have to pay much less money, and that's good, right, is that good? You're the first group I've told that to, a solar wall, makes sense, let's see, we're working it out, we'll see, solar wall, panels, beautiful. I mean actually think of it, the higher it goes the more valuable it is, it's like... pretty good imagination [points to his own head], right, good? My idea.

If you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations, your house just went down 75 percent in value. And they say the noise causes cancer. You told me that one, OK. [makes circles with his hands and a noise with his mouth] You know the thing makes so... and of course it's like a graveyard for birds.

• We have a situation where we're looking very strongly at sinks and showers, and other elements of bathrooms.
  • You turn on the faucet and you don't get any water..
  • People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times.
  • They have so much water that it comes down. It's called rain.

I don't know. I really don't know. I don't know. I don't know John Lewis. He chose not to come to my inauguration. He chose -- I don't -- I never met John Lewis actually, I don't believe.Trump was responding to how civil rights icon John Lewis will be remembered, as quoted by Tyler Olson (3 August 2020), "Trump withholds praise for John Lewis, notes he 'didn't come to my inauguration'

6 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

How many Bushes do you think were president?

Oh, ffs. Doubly ridiculous given that it was in a post where I was making fun of someone else for being stupid. 🙄

Anyway, to answer your question: 2 two many.

8 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Its true.  I knew I'd get this Incase you hadn't gathered I spent years caddying at one of the top ten golf courses in the world.  You get people from the highest echelons of American politics all the time.  Off the top of my head in recent years I've had the governor of Alabama, Joe Biden's chief of staff, a guy who co-owned a political consulting firm with Karl Rove, a city commissioner from Cincinatti, a Democratic Senator from California, on and on and on.  And if it isn't a figure directly involved in politics they generally are very well connected to those that are.

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

Oh, ffs. Doubly ridiculous given that it was in a post where I was making fun of someone else for being stupid. 🙄

Anyway, to answer your question: 2 two many.

2 too many?

I never buy any of this stuff about folk who come across as morons being "actually... very intelligent". If folk even have to say that about you, it's probably a sign that you're not. I'm willing to believe he's not as big a moron as he comes across at times but he's just not a very smart guy. Same goes for Boris Johnson.

Trump is as thick as f**k. He simply been insulated from problems by such enormous wealth that up until now there have been very few situations he couldn't get himself out of without either paying someone off of throwing lawyers at it. The only thing he's really learned politically is how to play his base, who are even thicker than he is. He at least managed to figure out that three word sloguns make nice simple chants for the crowds of shitkickers at his rallies, ie "Lock-her-up", "stop-the-count" etc etc. 

23 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

So he gets taken into this verandah type area Trump is there, apparently he had about 15 mobile phones arranged on the table in front of him.  All in a big semi circle.  Said Trump had lunch with him, and every 30 seconds or so one would ring, Trump would answer it, bark some instructions, then carry on his conversation.  He said whatever anybody else says about him he isn't stupid, he was carrying on 16 conversations at once.  That other guy above actually he said that too, he said 'what you see on TV is a persona' etc.

I think he missed his calling as an air traffic controller. 😕

7 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I never buy any of this stuff about folk who come across as morons being "actually... very intelligent". If folk even have to say that about you, it's probably a sign that you're not. I'm willing to believe he's not as big a moron as he comes across at times but he's just not a very smart guy. Same goes for Boris Johnson.

Boris did Classics at Uni which is any easy way of making thickos think you're intelligent. That fly on the wall doc about his time as Foreign Secretary showed what a thick lazy tosser he really is.

8 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I think people mistake an ability to be manipulative and cunning as intelligence. I suspect that, like a Boris, he knows enough to get by but isn’t anything special.

Edited by Jambomo

My wife's not particularly interested in politics - not even NI politics - but she's taken more than a passing interest in the US Presidential Election and thinks Trump is acting like a dick (regarding conceding the election) and is an embarrassment to America and Americans.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Boris did Classics at Uni which is any easy way of making thickos think you're intelligent. That fly on the wall doc about his time as Foreign Secretary showed what a thick lazy tosser he really is.

He's been a lazy, self-entitled arsepiece all his days. This from the Byline Times about his Eton College days:

When he was at Eton in the early 1980s, Boris Johnson did something that seems to have set the tone for the rest of his adult life.

Cast in the title role of a production of Shakespeare’s Richard II, he didn’t bother to learn his part.

The character of Richard II has 758 lines in his eponymously titled play. The part requires the actor to be on stage for most of the two-and-a-half hours running time. You can’t ‘wing’ Richard II. But Boris Johnson tried.

Pasting his lines on bits of paper about the place he hoofed the speeches and made up the rest – throwing in jokes whenever there was an awkward silence.

His father Stanley, who was in the audience, thought it was all ‘a hoot’. Nobody else did.

The other children who had spent hours attending rehearsals and learning their parts saw their hard work reduced to the ‘Boris show’. The headmaster, Eric Anderson, was furious.

Until then, Johnson had been Eton’s golden child. Known to all, adored by teachers and students alike. But, his arrogant, self-serving, indolent turn as Richard II was the last straw.

When, in his final year, he was not made School Captain, he unleashed an epic sulk prompting his housemaster to write in his end of term report: “I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.”

In the three decades since, nobody has better summed up his character. Boris Johnson gets what Boris Johnson wants and stuff anyone who gets in the way.

Same for a lot of these guys, I have no doubt that Trump would be the same if he was in that position. When you have loads of money and can get by on that alone despite having no discernible talent at anything. Look at the Johnson cabinet and ask yourself how many of them would have got anywhere in life without coming from a privileged background? I hope they get a rude awakening when they have to deal with Biden and his guys regarding Brexit now that his pal Donald won't give him a nice cushy transatlantic trade deal.

Edited by Andy_K_97