The Official Farewell to President Donald J Trump Thread

NotThePars

15 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

What course? I caddied at Dalmuir municipal and met the lord provost and a guy who claimed he was jesus. 

Carnoustie and a bit on the Old Course too.  You wouldn't believe the people you meet.  I must have met a hundred billionaires, and the ex PM of Canada, even the ones who aren't in politics are often very closely connected to it.  Friends of the Bush's etc very common.

Last year had a guy can't remember what he did, nice guy, 17th hole, now you have a rule in caddying - no matter what never mention politics or religion.  Espeically with Americans, cause a lot of them are very religious. 

But sometimes you do if they do, you can feel them out a bit.  Anyway somehow politics came up and I went on a 45 second rant about what a terrible person Trump is and what a disgrace it is that he's president.  The guy was really nice and dignified, let me finish, then just goes 'Mr Trump is actually a close personal friend of mine, his daughter from his second marriage to Marla Maples is my daughter's best friend they were college roommates, I've visited him in the White House several times blah blah blah'.  So you never know who you're talking to. 

I mean you can't take that back, glad it was the 17th hole.  Another guy told me he won a competition at one of Trump's courses and part of his prize was he got to have lunch with him.  So he gets taken into this verandah type area Trump is there, apparently he had about 15 mobile phones arranged on the table in front of him.  All in a big semi circle.  Said Trump had lunch with him, and every 30 seconds or so one would ring, Trump would answer it, bark some instructions, then carry on his conversation.  He said whatever anybody else says about him he isn't stupid, he was carrying on 16 conversations at once.  That other guy above actually he said that too, he said 'what you see on TV is a persona' etc.

I think the best thing to remember with Trump is the people he is appealing to are idiots.  Idiots are literally his target market, not necessarily that he is.  And there's a lot of psychology going on when he speaks, like triggers and dog whistles and key words and distorting the facts.  I don't think there's any chance he's as dumb as he makes out.

29 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Carnoustie and a bit on the Old Course too.  You wouldn't believe the people you meet.  I must have met a hundred billionaires, and the ex PM of Canada, even the ones who aren't in politics are often very closely connected to it.  Friends of the Bush's etc very common.

Last year had a guy can't remember what he did, nice guy, 17th hole, now you have a rule in caddying - no matter what never mention politics or religion.  Espeically with Americans, cause a lot of them are very religious. 

But sometimes you do if they do, you can feel them out a bit.  Anyway somehow politics came up and I went on a 45 second rant about what a terrible person Trump is and what a disgrace it is that he's president.  The guy was really nice and dignified, let me finish, then just goes 'Mr Trump is actually a close personal friend of mine, his daughter from his second marriage to Marla Maples is my daughter's best friend they were college roommates, I've visited him in the White House several times blah blah blah'.  So you never know who you're talking to. 

25 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I mean you can't take that back, glad it was the 17th hole.  Another guy told me he won a competition at one of Trump's courses and part of his prize was he got to have lunch with him.  So he gets taken into this verandah type area Trump is there, apparently he had about 15 mobile phones arranged on the table in front of him.  All in a big semi circle.  Said Trump had lunch with him, and every 30 seconds or so one would ring, Trump would answer it, bark some instructions, then carry on his conversation.  He said whatever anybody else says about him he isn't stupid, he was carrying on 16 conversations at once.  That other guy above actually he said that too, he said 'what you see on TV is a persona' etc.

21 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I think the best thing to remember with Trump is the people he is appealing to are idiots.  Idiots are literally his target market, not necessarily that he is.  And there's a lot of psychology going on when he speaks, like triggers and dog whistles and key words and distorting the facts.  I don't think there's any chance he's as dumb as he makes out.

6g0N.gif

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

No doubt about it, said it all along, he's the greatest troll of all time.

And no way could he be that stupid.  I will be called a liar so won't elaborate but I've spent some time in the company of people who know him and have met him, and every one has said he isn't nearly as stupid as he comes across on TV, that's an act.

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Yeah I knew that.  I've met like fifty people who are friends of his or have had lunch with him etc.  And when I say met I mean spent hours in their company. I could tell quite a few Trump stories that are excellent but won't share on here.

55 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Its true.  I knew I'd get this Incase you hadn't gathered I spent years caddying at one of the top ten golf courses in the world.  You get people from the highest echelons of American politics all the time.  Off the top of my head in recent years I've had the governor of Alabama, Joe Biden's chief of staff, a guy who co-owned a political consulting firm with Karl Rove, a city commissioner from Cincinatti, a Democratic Senator from California, on and on and on.  And if it isn't a figure directly involved in politics they generally are very well connected to those that are.

33 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

29 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Why are you just telling us this now? I'm all aquiver waiting for your next exciting tale.

32 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

"Ok Joe, next phone, this guy's luvin it!"