The Official Farewell to President Donald J Trump Thread

NotThePars

11 hours ago, Fullerene said:

What exactly is the objection to someone being a career politician?  Honest question.

After all if I wanted  to be a brain surgeon I wouldn't train to be a lawyer.

(Not that I ever had any wish to be any of the above.)

Im a great believer, in this country anyway, that career politicians with very few examples offer very little to politics. Without life experience, expertise in non political matters. For me that rings true when I consider the politicians here that I admire the most. 

Appealing to his followers of faith by easily picking out his favourite part of his favourite book that he has clearly read and is definitely not lying about reading:

13 minutes ago, RiG said:

Appealing to his followers of faith by easily picking out his favourite part of his favourite book that he has clearly read and is definitely not lying about reading:

Anyone who watched that and didn’t realise that he has never read the bible in his life is a moron.

Yeah, I know he has lots of moron supporters....

The celebrations are because there's many people who treat politics as a team sport. Trump was also effectively, for a large chunk of the electorate, a grotesque distortion of what they perceive America and it's ideals to be. Easier to rally against one man or party than accept the truth that it's the decrepit institutions and failing system that produced him that are to blame.

People are also allowed to be simultaneously happy that Trump was emptied and be unhappy about what a Biden presidency will bring based on both his and the Democrats previous.

IMG_20201107_174425.thumb.jpg.4149727bc6974c3a15a84f7b2e4ed3fe.jpg

42 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I dunno what he wants folk to do, behave like a player who scores against his old club and not celebrate?

Not saying there won't be a lot of what this guy says, but rightly or wrongly normal Americans don't really care about sanctions etc.

Yeah that's it... I'd imagine the vast majority of celebrations are for Trump going rather than for Biden being elected... I'd imagine people would still of celebrated if in an inanimate carbon rod was elected once it wasnt Trump

YS3dIeu.png

I think there’s a difference between normal people celebrating like the scenes in New York versus your mentions online where people are screaming at Jacobin or whoever for being sceptical.

Maybe Americans can unite by going to brunch together for the first time in four years.