The Official Farewell to President Donald J Trump Thread

NotThePars

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I predict he wont attend the inauguration, will either quit and install Pence (fucking his chances of a run because that would count towards a term) and just go play golf. Either that or hes just gonna sit back and go ‘f**k off im not working anymore’ and throw a tantrum, it could be epic.  

There is, you can have, at most, 2 terms plus 2 years of someone else's term.

It's a pretty disastrous amendment, it enabled Trump to step forward and not have to deal with Obama.

Some fuckwit in the White House got the very pro Trump Washington Times mixed up with the libtard  Washington Post, and posted a photoshopped tweet making out they'd miss called the 2020 election. Since deleted.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Filibuster!!! 

yes! I completely agree, some people in America and increasingly so here just become career politicians, guys like Obama (and i like him) that was their goal, to be president, senator etc etc. I get the feeling Trump just thought ‘hmm might try president’ and just kinda basically ‘egoed’ his way into office and then basically had no fucking clue when he got there. The stuff with the bleach at the covid news conferences, the stories that he didnt pay attention in secret briefings unless you used pictures. I mean jesus it just makes me absolutely pish myself laughing. Id never ever say I ‘like’ ‘agree’ with Trump or align myself with any of his political positions but the man fucking fumbled his way to the most powerful position on the planet. 

What exactly is the objection to someone being a career politician?  Honest question.

After all if I wanted  to be a brain surgeon I wouldn't train to be a lawyer.

(Not that I ever had any wish to be any of the above.)

Edited by Fullerene

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I predict he wont attend the inauguration, will either quit and install Pence (fucking his chances of a run because that would count towards a term) and just go play golf. Either that or hes just gonna sit back and go ‘f**k off im not working anymore’ and throw a tantrum, it could be epic.  

And President Pence will pardon him of any criminal activity ! 

8 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Right, heres the thing for me, the man is a monster, hes a bigot, hes an arsehole, his hotels are shite, everyone hates him, he lies, hes just an awful awful person, but I cant help but think he’s the ultimate troll. I despise the man, but jesus christ he really could have shot someone on 5th Avenue and got away with it. But he is the absolute king of trolling, his inadvertent ‘banter’ and his general just being shite at his jobiness has done nothing but make me (sad) laugh for the past 5 years at just how awful he actually is. He has completey exposed how stupid and daft American politics is and has turned it into an art form. Its like when baxter ate the whole wheel of cheese, im not mad, im impressed. 

I think possibly the biggest part of his appeal to those who voted for him was how much it annoyed liberals. They didn't like his conduct, but they knew it drove the other side crazy, and that made them happy. They claim to be patriotic Americans, but they'd it's more important to them that their President is a wind up merchant than one who can speak in sentences. 

Re Salmond and Trump - both Donald and Don Jr were 'Global Scots' - a made-up club thingy designed to lure the diaspora into giving us their money and help promote inward investment and tourists . Donald was appointed in 2006 and Don Jr four years later. It wasn't until December 2015, after Trump made Islamophobic comments, that Sturgeon revoked it. Robert Gordon Uni took back their honorary degree at the same time. Andy Wightman and others had been campaigning for them to be stripped of the title for ages.

While checking the dates for that I came across one of his quotes: "Wind farms are a disaster for Scotland, like Pan Am 103." How tf did he survive this long?

Hadn’t realised he’d sent a tweet about it. Reading the words “Press Conference at Four Seasons Total Landscaping” in a tweet from the President himself is genuinely hilarious.
IMG_6045.jpg

A perfect summation of his shambolic, patterfest of a Presidency.

The two main political parties in the US are center-right (Democrats) & right wing (Republican) so when Trump came along in 2016 & made a pitch for blue-collar &' left-behind US voters he was tapping into a segment of the population that is largely ignored outside of election day and the run-up.

That Trump was never gonna deliver the economic solutions these people needed, was in a way pitiful - as in the UK most people know that the system isn't working for them but get sidetracked a la Moe.

UKIP-Moe.png

PS - Fuck Trump!

Edited by btb

His only chance is to delay things long enough to disrupt the selection of the Electoral College appointees.

To achieve that would require the active cooperation of the SC.  Unless his team can produce genuine evidence of large scale voter fraud in a number of states this is unlikely to happen.  I doubt if they can.

The only way it could happen otherwise is if the majority of Justices behave with an unprecedented level of partisanship.

15 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Trump is a lifelong teetotaller. Imagine if he’d been pished all the time.

I saw this article tweeted about this very fact and here's a great quote from The Donald about it.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/america-will-have-a-teetotaler-president-in-either-donald-trump-or-joe-biden

"I'm not a drinker. I can honestly say I never had a beer in my life. It's one of my only good traits,  I never had a glass of alcohol. I never had alcohol, for whatever reason. Can you imagine if I had? What a mess I would be. I would be the world's worst. I never drank, OK?"

10 hours ago, Fullerene said:

What exactly is the objection to someone being a career politician?  Honest question.

After all if I wanted  to be a brain surgeon I wouldn't train to be a lawyer.

(Not that I ever had any wish to be any of the above.)

If you f***** up the operation, it might come in handy.