Montrose v Peterhead

Peterhead are never easy to beat. That old 'win the battle first' always holds true. Doesn't help gifting them a goal.
Shame about the streaming issues at each end but I'm sure it'll be sorted going forward.
Anyway 3 points, move on.
Mon the Mo.

We can’t keep giving away goals like we are at the moment and expect to win many games. The 2 today were horrific (who knows what was going through Yano’s head) .. the two against Forfar were pretty poor, as were the first 2 against Falkirk. Fortunately, we’re scoring plenty. As for the game itself, I thought we were the better side throughout and deserved the win. We really need to get our defenders back fit ASAP though.

2 hours ago, football maniac said:

Does anyone know who the Peterhead trialist was that came on? So I can update my Pastspfl twitter page

Looked to be the same trialist as last time. Bakar??

Typical of previous players coming back to haunt us. When was the last time Rusty scored a goal, never mind two?

Webster is also a former player for us.

Edited by blueone

Really pleased for Rusty. He's not had a happy time in the last year but I know he has goals in him. Because he's tall most expect him to be great in the air but in my opinion that's not his best game. Sure it's a plus point but his overall contribution to the team can be in other ways as he is really a clever player on the deck as well - just needs to put himself about more and he did just that today before he was subbed. Still regaining full fitness after a long lay-off but I think he will get even better with the squad we have especially when some of the walking wounded return to fitness.

Peterhead I thought played some very neat stuff at times but like some others lack a bit of bite up front.

27 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

Really pleased for Rusty. He's not had a happy time in the last year but I know he has goals in him. Because he's tall most expect him to be great in the air but in my opinion that's not his best game. Sure it's a plus point but his overall contribution to the team can be in other ways as he is really a clever player on the deck as well - just needs to put himself about more and he did just that today before he was subbed. Still regaining full fitness after a long lay-off but I think he will get even better with the squad we have especially when some of the walking wounded return to fitness.

Peterhead I thought played some very neat stuff at times but like some others lack a bit of bite up front.

Rusty divided opinion when with us, always thought if he could just get on and accept things were not always going to go his way he would have developed into a decent player. Jim wanted him to stay but he was another that wanted to be number one in the team & with Rory still with us at the time that was not possible. Was very frustrating at times & had a funny attitude even when things were going ok. As mentioned like a lot of tall guys hardly won a header but was pretty good on the deck. Glad he has recovered from his injury as quite liked him at Balmoor.

Haven't seen any games yet, but really encouraged by the start we've made. A really loyal squad that SP has backed that keeps working hard and is eventually coming good. First choice defence being back would help no end.

Thought we pretty much bossed the game apart from two defensive howlers and possibly the first five and last five minutes (which no one saw)

Although he has his critics (I admit, me included) great to see Rusty getting a couple of goals and hopefully it will boost his confidence and he can kick on from here.

Still, a very decent start to the season.