What will you do IF we win

V.Aye.R

Was thinking about this earlier. Will be sitting watching the game on my own as most will be.

The SF game I woke up the weans celebrating. Imagine more of the same if it goes our way.

Will be amazing and simultaneously depressing at the same time. Kind of robbed of a great moment potentially.

Was thinking about this earlier. Will be sitting watching the game on my own as most will be.

The SF game I woke up the weans celebrating. Imagine more of the same if it goes our way.

Will be amazing and simultaneously depressing at the same time. Kind of robbed of a great moment potentially.

I like how you've talked yourself into deep depression about our "victory" already [emoji38]

Also tempted to have gone for nothing other than a "too cool for school" one liner indicating that I wouldn't be that bothered.

But in truth, I'd likely soil myself with excitement. [emoji847]

The feeling would be completely alien. I am fully set up for failure and its difficult to visualise a successful qualification with scotland. Before the game id imagine it will be akin to the italy game , after that god knows...
Similar to this. Probably laugh in shock.

The feeling would be completely alien. I am fully set up for failure and its difficult to visualise a successful qualification with scotland. Before the game id imagine it will be akin to the italy game , after that god knows...
Even 13 years on, I still feel a bit broken by that game. The incredible form before it (Georgia game aside) and the electric atmosphere in Glasgow that rainy day was - for me - unprecedented. So near yet so far.
Does that make me a roastery 'Da'?

I still have flashbacks of faddy missing the sitter to make it 2-1.

As for the roaster da thing. People that dish out insults usually are doing it as a projection of their own insecurity. I wouldnae worry about it .

Imagine the scenes if somehow we did the unthinkable and pulled it off though...

As for the roaster da thing. People that dish out insults usually are doing it as a projection of their own insecurity. I wouldnae worry about it .

Imagine the scenes if somehow we did the unthinkable and pulled it off though...
I'm in the same boat as you: I just can't imagine it. Last qualification for France 98 when I was a wee fanny just seemed standard. I remember McCoist and McCauley doing a special show at the Eiffel tower. Ewan McGregor there with long hair and beard and kilt. It just felt like typical summer entertainment. 23 years later I realise it was anything but [emoji21]

So absolutely no scotland fans are roasters? Ok then.... Ive seen enough home and away to know otherwise.

Folk who make up stuff about folks insecurities are usually insecure.

10 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Even 13 years on, I still feel a bit broken by that game. The incredible form before it (Georgia game aside) and the electric atmosphere in Glasgow that rainy day was - for me - unprecedented. So near yet so far.

It took me ten years to watch the highlights of that game. I've now gotten over some of the trauma by realising that we weren't robbed at all (they had a goal wrongfully chopped off for offside and our goal was, in fact, offside) but I still also have flashbacks to Faddy's chance.

I rate that game as the best one I've ever been to. The fact that I was sitting beside Lesser Hampden at about 11pm absolutely crying myself hoarse over it is part of it. Sounds like a weird thing to say, and a strange one to choose rather than, say, either of the France games, but everything about that game was special. It was an end to end, even and dramatic game. The noise was constant. I remember thinking about the game for weeks, and then walking down to the stadium with my cousin from my flat, which was up the hill from Hampden, seeing it as a seething cauldron of light and noise. I wonder if I would have remembered it so vividly if we'd won.

Anyway. I'm not going to engage with the stated intention of this thread. I'm superstitious as f**k and think the moderators should launch this thread into the sea before the Gods of fate catch wind of it and deliver a 5-0 pumping.

It took me ten years to watch the highlights of that game. I've now gotten over some of the trauma by realising that we weren't robbed at all (they had a goal wrongfully chopped off for offside and our goal was, in fact, offside) but I still also have flashbacks to Faddy's chance.
I rate that game as the best one I've ever been to. The fact that I was sitting beside Lesser Hampden at about 11pm absolutely crying myself hoarse over it is part of it. Sounds like a weird thing to say, and a strange one to choose rather than, say, either of the France games, but everything about that game was special. It was an end to end, even and dramatic game. The noise was constant. I remember thinking about the game for weeks, and then walking down to the stadium with my cousin from my flat, which was up the hill from Hampden, seeing it as a seething cauldron of light and noise. I wonder if I would have remembered it so vividly if we'd won.
Anyway. I'm not going to engage with the stated intention of this thread. I'm superstitious as f**k and think the moderators should launch this thread into the sea before the Gods of fate catch wind of it and deliver a 5-0 pumping.
Your description of that game is spot on. The only game at Hampden where I've been hyped up the full 90 minutes. I know Hampden gets knocked, and I can see why, but the atmosphere that night was incredible.

I'll be watching at home on Thursday, should we win it'll be jumping about the living room with the dog for me

On 07/11/2020 at 00:18, Gordopolis said:

That game still haunts me more than any other for club or country.

Scotland had been shite for years before but that campaign they were on fire.  The games were great, all the home ones were on a Saturday which just made a better day out as opposed to fans trying to get to hampden on a week night. 

In reality we shouldn't have shat the bed in Georgia and we wouldn't have had to hell for leather against the world champs.

What was really soul destroyingbwas that we fell away after that campaign back to being shite. 

What was really soul destroyingbwas that we fell away after that campaign back to being shite. 

Yep. It was largely self destruction as well. Right through to the Strachan era it felt to me like we were surely going to hit on that form/formula again but this time see it through. Only in recent years have I accepted that 2007 is long gone, and so have a few generations of players and several managers.

Since we last qualified I've finished high school, lost my virginity, been to college and uni, had 2 kids, engaged to be married, had the snip, lived through a pandemic, worked numerous jobs, seen Dumbarton lift a league title, get to a national Cup final, play Hearts, Hibs, Dundee utd and Rangers in league duty, seen Scotland beat France home and away and still not qualify, seen the twin towers collapse, voted in a Scottish Independence referendum, leave the EU, Trump as Prez, and own a house.

Fucking hell lads, just fucking qualify.

Since we last qualified I've finished high school, lost my virginity, been to college and uni, had 2 kids, engaged to be married, had the snip, lived through a pandemic, worked numerous jobs, seen Dumbarton lift a league title, get to a national Cup final, play Hearts, Hibs, Dundee utd and Rangers in league duty, seen Scotland beat France home and away and still not qualify, seen the twin towers collapse, voted in a Scottish Independence referendum, leave the EU, Trump as Prez, and own a house.
Fucking hell lads, just fucking qualify.
Thats basically me but I might have a third child after Thursday.