Elgin vs Q.P.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Disappointing result.

I saw Queen's at Borough Briggs a couple of times, their fans struck me as an obnoxious bunch of condescending drunks. Looks like they're all posting on P&B now.

Don't understand why this seems to be being said as if it's a negative. 

6 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

You'd need to be to go there.

I love trips to Elgin, especially their fantastic social club where the bar staff continue to serve us even after we're drunk, obnoxious and condescending towards everyone. 

2 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Ross MacLean is having a big impact so far this season.  Lyon done well with his finish too. 

Not conceding in 4 games is some achievement. We do slow down in an attacking sense when we go ahead which is very boring but at least we aren't conceding any. It was boring in the second half but we did get 3 points. I'd rather be boring and win than exciting and draw/lose.

The results are looking sweet but I'm struggling to get excited when I'm watching from home. Heart breaking if we win this league and can't attend any party. Really happy for the players though. I'm starting to build an attachment to the group.

The Elgin stream was fairly poor. The camera would often be looking at the opposite end of the pitch 😕 C'mon Elgin, Sh!te!

"Top of the league and yer no" :);) 

Forgot to say, Willie Muir has had a massive part to play in the shut out. He’s had a decent amount of shots on target over the 4 games. Good keepers make saves look easy with their positioning and Willie done that a few times again yesterday. For me, he’s heading to a new level this year. Looks very assured. I thought Bell would walk in but I can’t see Willie being dropped. 

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Disappointing result.

I saw Queen's at Borough Briggs a couple of times, their fans struck me as an obnoxious bunch of condescending drunks. Looks like they're all posting on P&B now.

Can't wait until April and hopefully fans are allowed in.

Borough Briggs Buffoonery Bash!😁

37 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Forgot to say, Willie Muir has had a massive part to play in the shut out. He’s had a decent amount of shots on target over the 4 games. Good keepers make saves look easy with their positioning and Willie done that a few times again yesterday. For me, he’s heading to a new level this year. Looks very assured. I thought Bell would walk in but I can’t see Willie being dropped. 

Agreed, ever since McKinnon was appointed, Muir’s performances have went up another level and you can easily tell that full time football is benefiting him. Crazy to think when Roberts was in charge a few fans (including myself) wanted him dropped last season. Can’t think of a keeper in league 2 or 1 that would replace an in form Willie Muir 

16 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Agreed, ever since McKinnon was appointed, Muir’s performances have went up another level and you can easily tell that full time football is benefiting him. Crazy to think when Roberts was in charge a few fans (including myself) wanted him dropped last season. Can’t think of a keeper in league 2 or 1 that would replace an in form Willie Muir 

Yeah. I’m not sure what Muir worked as before but it must be fantastic to only focus on football and not worry about another job. He’ll find a new level of fitness and match sharpness too you’d think. 

I seen on the highlights him and Grant having a shout at each other towards the end of the game. I love when players can act like that to win a game. Playing with a new bunch of professionals hasn’t fazed Willie at all. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

Believe he had a job working on the Railways

Yeah. I’m not sure what Muir worked as before but it must be fantastic to only focus on football and not worry about another job. He’ll find a new level of fitness and match sharpness too you’d think. 
I seen on the highlights him and Grant having a shout at each other towards the end of the game. I love when players can act like that to win a game. Playing with a new bunch of professionals hasn’t fazed Willie at all. 

On 07/11/2020 at 17:02, afca32 said:

Pixellot is rubbish and the camerawork was miles better in the last 10 minutes when an actual human appeared to be filming.

This.

I'm a big fan of Willie Muir but the system seemed to have a crush on him. It also loved our subs warming up behind the goal. Maybe because one of them is baldy.   

When you think of the fanfare it received on its announcement, like it was gonna revolutionise coverage of football. So glad we're not using it.

21 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I seen on the highlights him and Grant having a shout at each other towards the end of the game. I love when players can act like that to win a game. 

This is what we want every week. Leave it all out on the park. The best keepers and defenders bawl each other out when it's needed. Best example for me was Peter Schmeichel. He was a right moany faced c**t but that's what's needed to win leagues. Our team in 99/2000 had characters all over the park like that. I hope we're seeing something similar here.

McKinnon bringing in Bell has pushed Muir to a different level. Bell will want to play but he's experienced enough to know how it works. He'll be on the bench while Muir is doing the business ( I expect he'll get a run out in one of these league cup games though)    

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

This.

I'm a big fan of Willie Muir but the system seemed to have a crush on him. It also loved our subs warming up behind the goal. Maybe because one of them is baldy.   

When you think of the fanfare it received on its announcement, like it was gonna revolutionise coverage of football. So glad we're not using it.

Better than nothing. Hopefully will improve.

8 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Better than nothing. Hopefully will improve.

Very true and for the most part It did it’s job. There was one incident just as QP were breaking into the box it decided to fly off. Thing I get more frustrated at with these systems is it’s always a long range shot. Notice the difference on the QPTV  highlights. On the upside, commentary team were great. And I take some comfort that robots haven’t yet mastered that skill. #cameramenlivesmatter

By the way, is Jacksgranda okay? TBH, it’s Jack I’m worried about. Statistically at least one of his parents and Jacksgrandma might be involved too. Seriously considering calling Social Services. 

A surprising amount of negativity here re both sides.  I thought it was an excellent game, with the result in doubt until the end.

McKinnon got it spot on by having our forwards harry the City defence and it certainly rattled them.

But City looked much better in the second half and had a right go at us. Was it 4 or 5 forwards towards the end? But defending is part of the game too and QP's back line was excellent. 

Hester had just been booked and went into Carroll's ankle with his studs up. Could have been a red. What was he thinking?

Elgin looked to be a decent outfit and you could see why they've started off so well.

Our full backs were top notch; maybe Doyle's best match, whilst MacLean and Slater stood out too.