Elgin vs Q.P.

25 minutes ago, Am Muilleach said:

Well, Ray McKinnon has them well coached.

Going to win the rest of theirgames 1-0...

Ridiculous second yellow.  Great recovery by the QP player I thought his leg had fallen off....

mrw GIF

Cannot underestimate how good of a win that is. Most teams will struggle to take points away at Elgin throughout the season so take to get all 3 points is fantastic. 
Was really impressed with the 1st half performance and maybe should of got a 2nd goal particularly from the MacLean chance.  2nd half was a hard watch but we’ve arguably got a championship quality defence and it’s showed so far throughout the season. 
Positive performances all round but thought MacLean especially in the 1st half was brilliant and full credit for the defence and Muir to keep the back door shut. 

2 hours ago, Am Muilleach said:

That's quite a risk.  If you don't get promotion it isn't sustainable.

It's not. It's someone else's money and we're financially secure even without it. 

2 hours ago, Am Muilleach said:

That worked out well for Gretna...

The situations aren't comparable. Anyone who looks at the details will know this. 

1 hour ago, Am Muilleach said:

Hmmm.  Why was it they didn't make it?

Oh yes - I remember - unsustainable wage bill and they went bust.  I hope Queen's are being careful.

Even when fans get back into grounds they'd need to get several thousand in to pay wages surely.  The Hampden money won't last all that long.

Ah, you think the Hampden money is paying for it. Almost like you don't know what you're talking about. 

1 hour ago, Am Muilleach said:

Just have to hope he doesn't lose interest then.

He won't. Even if he did, we'd be able to adjust without sinking. 

32 minutes ago, Am Muilleach said:

Ridiculous second yellow.  Great recovery by the QP player I thought his leg had fallen off....

If I didn't want to be red carded, I simply wouldn't pile into a nothing tackle a minute after being booked. 

25 minutes ago, Am Muilleach said:

Do they play differently at home?  Because that was awful to watch.

It wasn't, if you enjoy winning. Cry harder. 

Good solid performance from QP and would be churlish of me to say anything about style of play. Will grind out the League easily. Thought we were poor with little quality on the ball. Gavin has to decide who his midfield pairing is, because he has their best player at looking after the ball playing to far forward. Don’t see what Sopel has done to merit a start but maybe there to add balance as he needs another natural wide player.

1 hour ago, afca32 said:

Think we're doing ok given the quality Queen's Park have. My main issue is the aimless balls forward as if they expect Hester's pace can get him on the end of everything. That and slackness in possession in defence are my two main concerns this season. Dingwall has turned into a great player, so much energy and has added some great technical ability to go with it this year.

Dingwall certainly adds plenty of energy and dig which are important but technical ability? He needs that energy to win back the ball as he gives it away that often!

4 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Dingwall certainly adds plenty of energy and dig which are important but technical ability? He needs that energy to win back the ball as he gives it away that often!

Tbf I thought he had a pretty rubbish 2nd half but so far this season he's shown far greater ability on the ball I'd say.

Brutal 2nd half after being deservedly ahead at the break
But can't argue with 4 clean sheets and 3 tough away games dealt with hopefully we'll get a bit more expansive as the season progresses
Thought McLean and Slater excellent first half but fell out of it in the 2nd...
Robson and Grant again impressive and McGlinchey obviously a player although set pieces were poor
Not sure what Grant Gillespie's done to be benched think he's been consistently good and brings control to the midfield which we lacked 2nd half
Anyway next...

15 hours ago, Am Muilleach said:

Well, Ray McKinnon has them well coached.

Going to win the rest of theirgames 1-0...

15 hours ago, Am Muilleach said:

I'd imagine Queen's will go up without too much trouble.

Do they play differently at home?  Because that was awful to watch.

Great to see comments like this from other fans, means we are getting it right. Blame the ref, criticise the winning team's style of play. Love it! 

Complete amnesia on the fact we totally bossed the first half and deserved to be ahead at halftime. Elgin couldn't break us down in the second half and resorted to falling over trying to con the referee into giving them a penalty. They never got it and when the ref took action against their player for the worst tackle in the game it was the usual sour grapes nonsense.

2 points clear, unbeaten in the league and not conceded a goal. All this and we've played 75% of our games away from home. I'll take that!

Peter Grant immense once again, and Slater real quality. McGlinchey too looks a great addition. It's clear the team can press for long periods, but risky when we switch to defending so deep.
I thought the commentary was very good. You can forgive them for missing Kane Hester going in studs up. I didn't notice first time, but the ref was right in top of it. Elgin maybe a better team than last season? Liked Spark, Dingwall and Hester, and Smart seems to be more effective. I used to go to BB a lot, and the fans are sound. There are exceptions of course.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Disappointing result.

I saw Queen's at Borough Briggs a couple of times, their fans struck me as an obnoxious bunch of condescending drunks. Looks like they're all posting on P&B now.

I’ve been drunk every time I’ve visited Elgin.

Ross MacLean is having a big impact so far this season.  Lyon done well with his finish too. 

Not conceding in 4 games is some achievement. We do slow down in an attacking sense when we go ahead which is very boring but at least we aren't conceding any. It was boring in the second half but we did get 3 points. I'd rather be boring and win than exciting and draw/lose.

The results are looking sweet but I'm struggling to get excited when I'm watching from home. Heart breaking if we win this league and can't attend any party. Really happy for the players though. I'm starting to build an attachment to the group.

The Elgin stream was fairly poor. The camera would often be looking at the opposite end of the pitch 😕 C'mon Elgin, Sh!te!

"Top of the league and yer no" :);) 

Edited by QPSpider1867

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Disappointing result.

I saw Queen's at Borough Briggs a couple of times, their fans struck me as an obnoxious bunch of condescending drunks. Looks like they're all posting on P&B now.

FB_IMG_1598095640520.jpg